to all Asrock 939 Dual SATA owners and maybe other asrock boards...

Soldato
If it's cheap I might get one, though i'm not sure if my heatsink would fit on it. It looks like only small hsf's will fit.

Would AGP cards still work on this board with AM2?

Nix

Nix

Soldato
That's a lot of weight being put on that card. Is there anyway to support the chip from bending etc?

EDIT:

The scoring is quite impressive, it's pretty much on par with the other board on everything. The CPU board would have to cheaper than buying another high-end motherboard for users to be interested though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive just had a brain overheat. Do these chips not use a similar heatsink to the X1800s etc? Like a blower style, therefore supporting a HS wouldnt be a problem.

easyrider said:
why not just get a am2 mobo?

Because if this works with AM2 why buy a new board? Unless the expension is expensive.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
The way the heatsink is placed on that, wouldn't that be sending a lot of heat the graphic's cards way?

Associate
Best of all is the support for DDR2 I didn't realise the upgrade card would also have the memory support as well.

What a great VFM board this is turning out to be :)

Associate
MeatLoaf said:
Its a nice idea, but couldnt they have made a module that slotted into the existing cpu soclet kinda like the old pentium overdrives?

The board needs a complete infterface to the chipset on the board, not all are present at the CPU socket. This board works with s754 adn 939 as well!

Permabanned
OP
well... its one in the eye for all the people who told me at the time that Asrock wouldnt bother making the upgrade board and that it was all a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom