Tagan Turbojet PSU's

Associate
In the process of selecting quality components, to build a ninja system, and have shortlisted either one of the 2 big Tagan PSU's as the ones of choice. This is mainly down to the fact that I want steady and trustworthy juice flowing through the veins of the system, as it will be either X fired / SLi'ed, and will also have 4 hard drives.

My question is - with over a KW on demand, do these PSU's only consume the amount of wattage that they are asked to provide, or do they consume their rated capacity, whether the system is idle or not. With todays electricity prices, and with the amount my PC is on (a lot!), it would be worrying if the system was to consume the equivalent of 10 x 100w bulbs all the time it was powered up.

Thanks

Jez.

Associate
nope it will consume a lot less that its rated to. even when the pc is fully loaded it will only draw up to about 500-550 max with 1900s in xfire and a heavily overclocked cpu. those psus give good future proofing although i hope over 1kW of power is never needed :/

str

str

Soldato
I know what you mean, I used to say a PC only used as much electricity as one or two lightbulbs but can't get away with that anymore. :)

Back
Top Bottom