Freezer cooling power

Associate
Has any one thought of the idea of putting your computer in the freezer ,since surely this would be the best way of cooling, although it would look dodgy with wires coming out of a freezer especially if the g/f comes round. :D :D

Associate
OP
I think someone should get a mini freezer and bash in a computer (itll fit if you push hard! :D) Then record the temps :) go on someone i cant do this just now since i have exams tomorrow :) and my freezer s full of food ;)

Soldato
Oh dear :eek: Here we go again.

Can't find the other post on the same idea, but i believe it ended with that it woud not work because of something to do with PCs producing heat unlike other stuff you normally put inside a fridge :rolleyes:

Associate
hp7909 said:
Oh dear :eek: Here we go again.

haha. we've all had the thought. I was considering using the Ice tray from a fridge/freezer to chill my WC loop... I've seen this done on another forum and it was surprisingly effective.

The freezer wouldn't handle the heat dump from the PC as well as a purpose-built cooling system would, it's designed to maintain a temperature, not continually shift 200W plus of heat.

that said, it'd still cool down your PC some.

anyone up for trying it? :p

Back
Top Bottom