How to get prints with correct colours from Photobox?

DiG

DiG

Associate
Did they include the colour card? The did with my prints, check the colours on your moniter as they might be incorrect

Associate
OP
No, no card. I would like to set everything so I can have correct colours in my photos printed, but it’s very confusing. On screen they look fine... I did upload my photos with sRGB.

Associate
Is your screen calibrated using a device such as a Gretag McBeth/Spyder etc?

If the answer is no, then its more likely to be your screen that is out, not photobox's colours.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

As everyone has said, get a calibration card from them and it should sort you out very easily. I did with mine and now the images look spot on :)

Like yourself I never received one with my original order (taking me back a bit!) but if you use their online help and support system its very straightforward and easy to get one sent to yourself.

Soldato
  1. Send Photobox an e-mail asking for a calibration photo.
  2. Calibrate your monitor using Adobe Gamma or a hardware calibration tool.
  3. Download the same image (as the print) from their website and the colours should match. If not then adjust them so they do :)

Soldato
If you look in your colour management setup in display properties, there might be a colour profiles called adobeRGB1998, this is the say profile you should use when saving all photoshop files, as the profile has been specifically calibrated to closely resemble the printers ability to make RGB colours from CMYK.

When you load a PSD that has a different one, you get the warning, it also appears when u have a colour profile set on the files. Always use adobe1998.

Associate
for web/photobox printing you should actually use sRGB. Higher end photo printhouses can accept/utilise AdobeRGb, but photobox will just convert into sRGB anyway...

Or better still get a hold of the photobox / fuji frontier 370 printer icc profile...look hard on the net and you can find it...or i'm sure some helpful soul on here will point you in the right direction.

I'm actually tempted to create a website solely devoted to this topic...in association with photobox...as its a question people are always asking..

Back
Top Bottom