Log Book help

Associate
I am in the process of selling my car, however I have noticed that my new log book is missing, however I have the old one which was also supplied with the car (my details arn't on this).

Can any tell me if this will affct selling the car? Will this have to be replaced before it can be sold on?

Thanks

Adz

Adz

Soldato
If the logbook doesn't show your details, presumably it shows the seller's name/address. Shouldn't the seller have sent it off with your details filled in? If not, send it off and you'll get a nice new V5 in the post.

Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?

Man of Honour
I had this problem when selling my previous car. The old log books aren't valid if you've been issued a new V5 IIRC. Call the DVLNI in Coleraine and they will either send you out a new V5 or if you are selling your car, I think they can change the details over the phone and send the new V5 straight to the new owner.

I'm not entirely sure of the process so it might be best to give them a call. Expect a bloody long wait in the telephone queue though :(

Vehicle Licensing Division
County Hall
Castlerock Road
Coleraine
Co. Derry
BT51 3TA
Tel :- 0845 402 4000
Fax :- (028) 7034 1422
Minicom :- (028) 7034 1351
Premium Line :- (0906) 5161 666 (Limited Vehicle information is available on this line, at a cost of £1.50 per minute and is suitable for Motor Traders)
e-mail: [email protected]
(If you contact DVLNI outside office hours, you will be given the option to transfer to the Agency's information line where you will be given basic information.)

Back
Top Bottom