AL1916WS-What a buy!

Associate
Got home today from work and there it was, waiting for me, my new 19" widescreen Acer. Needless to say I unpacked and hooked up straight away. Fired up, changed it to its native (1440x900),

Windows Desktop has never looked so good! It stretched across the screen perfectly and with a 8ms response time BF2 looks lush!

Definately a brilliant buy for the price!

Soldato
Seems very popular at the moment. I was going to snap up a 17" monitor for £80 in the B-Grade section but it got sold before I had time to get my wallet out - so I bought the Acer instead. I'm very pleased with it too :cool:

Permabanned
Got any pics, thinking of going to this from a perofrmance 17inch tft.

EDIT- IGNORE MY SIG< ITS A JOKE

Associate
Si MPS said:
Mine should be coming tomorrow, i am sincerly looking forward to it :D

ohh you lucky sod, I wish I had spent a bit more on the delivery to get it tomoz! :mad:

EDIT: Looks like I might have it tomoz!!!! mega super dooper reveiw maybe on the way, the monitor is missing on the reveiw sticky.. am sure i can make my own :)

Last edited:
Associate
There about 4-5 threads on this monitor alone praising its merrits - which i have been a member of :)
See http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17551721&highlight=acer+widescreen
Includes pictures for potential buyers on page 2

Shame about the lack of DVI socket cant complain though as i was fully informed when i bought it and chuffed with it - Been told its works quite well with a xbox 360 but swapping cables doest appeal to me , ( unless i can find a switch box of somekind for pc and 360 )

Last edited:
Soldato
Raven8472 said:
Shame about the lack of DVI socket cant complain though as i was fully informed when i bought it and chuffed with it - Been told its works quite well with a xbox 360 but swapping cables doest appeal to me , ( unless i can find a switch box of somekind for pc and 360 )

You'll be wanting a KVM switch :) seen a belkin one for £15

Associate
Raikiri said:
You'll be wanting a KVM switch :) seen a belkin one for £15

Many thanks - Ive been thinking of buying a 360 but remember from the days when i used my Dreamcast on my old CRT monitor- pain in the royal having to change cables each time.

Im guessing price for 360 will go down nearer ps3

Associate
i have had this monitor for a while now. when the initial wow effect wears off, you miss the extra screen space topways in a normal 19in or even 17in TFT. well i find this for me anyway. though watching movies, playing games (+360) are brilliant. but seeing as i dont hardly do neither now, im probably going to sell it off and get a square.

also about KVM switches, the quality of the screen degrades when it is plugged in (its not massive, but it is noticable). you can notice it instantly when you switch them over. personally i couldnt use one, and now i just switch manually.

sid

sid

Soldato
TBH,

this screen doesnt even do enough to match my 2year old LG 1710B, The colours are just not vibrant and crisp enough. The text is not sharp enough either, I mainly only watch movies/videos on it.

Im using this in a multiscreen setup and you can easily see why this screen is so cheap. The stand is a bit short (3" too short).

If you are going from a CRT then its very good but theres definately better TFTs to be had.

I've also noticed that browsing websites is a bit of pain on this TFT cos the res is low, need to scroll around loads :(

sid

Soldato
Dude.... its like a £170 monitor, what do you want ? gold .. pffftt. I do agree with the lack of depth compared to a standard 1280x1024 display , this is why one has a 19" and a 20" :D

Back
Top Bottom