Thin Lizzy

Soldato
How unbelievably brilliant are this band? Always been aware of their most popular songs but a few of the lesser known ones on their Greatest Hits are great. I picked it up today after someone suggested we play Dancing in the Moonlight at a concert (I blame Magner's cider!) and I found I didn't have it on CD anywhere. There's not much not to love about all the songs on there. I'll have to pick up Jailbreak next.

Man of Honour
What a coincidence because we've been discussing Lizzy today.
I saw Lizzy at least six times in the 70's and they always gave a brilliant concert and this thursday I'm actually going to see a TB band called Limehouse Lizzy because my mate has give me a ticket and talked me into it.
HOWEVER, I challenge you to listen to their studio albums all the way through without skipping tracks. They really did produce some rubbish and as a Lizzy fan in the 70's you knew you were only going to get about 4 decent tracks per album - but what amazing tracks.
I don't know who suggested Jailbreak to you but its the logical choice and I would also suggest Fighting as the next one but be prepared for some poor tracks.
Of course the absolutely wonderful Live And Dangerous is a must.

Soldato
Im a big fan of Thin Lizzy but dont have a huge amount of their stuff, I have got their greatest hits and have spent time listening to their albums through and I will agree on their albums there are some amazing songs and some ones which you are confused about how they could come up with such poo. I rock out hard to them whenever i hear their stuff at the pub or anywhere :D

Associate
I'll see you there on thursday DMP and I can't believe you're going to watch a TB. I've seen them before and they are really good.
I'll also agree that their studio albums are very hit and miss but they've got one of the greatest 'best of' albums ever.

And don't forget to buy Live And Dangerous but DO NOT buy the Live And Dangerous DVD.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
For those who may be interested the thing that made Lizzy stand above the other bands was there use of twin lead guitars.
Some of you may know that they knicked this idea of another English band called Wishbone Ash.
Check out their album Argus.

Associate
Limehouse Lizzy were awesome last night and DMP's head was bouncing all evening. I don't think he bought one drink either. Everytime he empties his glass another pint comes from somewhere :confused:

Back
Top Bottom