Office 2007 Beta 2 available for test...

Soldato
I don't understand. I really don't. Microsoft Office XP works beautifully, flawlessly infact. And for customers, you can even buy it for dirt cheap. So why would customers want to buy Office 2007 for a much higher price with just eye candy turned on?

Not that i'm slating it or anything, i'm just curious as Microsoft seem to realease an Office version every year.

Soldato
eXSBass said:
I don't understand. I really don't. Microsoft Office XP works beautifully, flawlessly infact. And for customers, you can even buy it for dirt cheap. So why would customers want to buy Office 2007 for a much higher price with just eye candy turned on?

Not that i'm slating it or anything, i'm just curious as Microsoft seem to realease an Office version every year.
One word: Productivity. Companies all over the world pay big big bucks to improve it.

Caporegime
eXSBass said:

I find office xp awful compared to 2003.

Soldato
It's not exactly every year when Office 2003 is followed by Office 2007! Remember that you say that about Office XP when not all that long ago people were saying much the same about Office '95 - these things always change with time.

Having said that I'm not too convinced by the new interface - perhaps I'll get used to it.

Don
Energize said:
I find office xp awful compared to 2003.

was thinking the same thing!

i hope they make an option to turn off fading options in 2007, i'd prefer it if you could load word and excel up in less than half a second to having nice looking features

Suspended
NathanE said:
One word: Productivity. Companies all over the world pay big big bucks to improve it.
Perhaps they would be better off paying big, big bucks improving productivity in some other way. I doubt that many companies are going to see massive (if any) improvements in productivity by moving from Office 2003 to Office 2007. They will incur training costs and a resulting drop in productivity - if they bother with training !

Eventually Microsoft will stop supplying 2003 and *then* Companies all over the world will pay big, big bucks replacing all their copies of Office 2003 just to maintain consistency.

Another factor will be 'unavoidable' incomatabilities between components of Office 2003 & Office 2007. When they have to transfer files with their suppliers / customers, these incompatabilities will start to cause problems.

Office 2007 is a marketing exercise to maintain a revenue stream - nothing else.

Associate
Won't let me activate either....

I think the whole new design is going to take a bit of getting used to. I've used Office 2000 for ages...

Back
Top Bottom