• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How do you cool your x1900/x1800??

Associate
Ive got a vf900 on my x1800xt bit its stopped my card from exhausting the heat out the case and my cpu clock is slighhtly more unstable

how do you cool yours?

are the artic coolers any good?

cheers

Soldato
I have just received a Thermalright V1 Ultra for my x1900xt. The stock cooler is too noisy both under 2D and 3D. The V1 Ultra will be fitted with a Zalman 80x15mm fan at 5V on the GPU side and an Acoustifan 80x25mm fan on the rear, which will be under the control of my Akasa front panel fan controller/memory card reader. I am expecting silence when under 2D and much, much less noise under 3D.

I considered the Accelero but it's really designed for BTX and I wasn't keen for my PCI cards to have to endure massively hot air from it.

Associate
i jus installed the vf900 on my x1900xtx and on load it still goes to 91degree :S
can the card take this temperature?
on idle its around 40degrees.

im very disappointed with these temps to say the least.

Associate
that dont sound like its fitted correctly to me. with my Accelero it pumps hot air on the board but ive got a big fan pumping it out

Soldato
X1800XT with Zalman VF900-Cu. Hot air is not a problem with me since the front of my case is a dotted grille, the side window has an 80mm fan for an intake, and the rear of the case has two 80mm fans for exhausts.

Soldato
Rain Man said:
Ive got a vf900 on my x1800xt bit its stopped my card from exhausting the heat out the case and my cpu clock is slighhtly more unstable

how do you cool yours?

are the artic coolers any good?

cheers

Arctic Accelero X2, no-way NEAR as good as people make out and the temps are only a few degree's lower than with the stock cooler, at min. RPM it's actually slightly noisier than the stock cooler too.

Permabanned
MichaelHo said:
i jus installed the vf900 on my x1900xtx and on load it still goes to 91degree :S
can the card take this temperature?
on idle its around 40degrees.

im very disappointed with these temps to say the least.

Same here with the VF900 and even the X2... Some cards just run hotter then others and the coolers really can't handle it.

Not to worry though as long as it still works ok. :p

I'm currently using the X2 as its impossible to remove without killing the card... I can get load upto 93C, Zalman was 92C and stock was around 95C.. There overrated but they are silent which is nice.

Last edited:
Associate
Cuchulain said:
Arctic Accelero X2, no-way NEAR as good as people make out and the temps are only a few degree's lower than with the stock cooler, at min. RPM it's actually slightly noisier than the stock cooler too.

LOL have you got one? if you have its duff. its well silent at 100% plus it knocks off about 20c underload

Soldato
PucK said:
LOL have you got one? if you have its duff. its well silent at 100% plus it knocks off about 20c underload

Not compared to my old stock cooler, that was around 55-60 degrees under load, the X2 is between 55 and 65, the fan is also noisier than the stock one as it increases in speed. I should have known better, I had this sort of problem with the Freezer 64 and the rev 2 ATI 4 previously.

Soldato
XTX with an acetal top maze4 here,haven't paid particuarly close attention to temps as yet but the card is very stable at max clocks allowed by ati overdrive in the ccc,690/800 I think.Will be pushing it further when I decide on an overclocking app,I didn't get on with 'ATI Tool'.Any suggestions chaps?

Soldato
smit101 said:
XTX with an acetal top maze4 here,haven't paid particuarly close attention to temps as yet but the card is very stable at max clocks allowed by ati overdrive in the ccc,690/800 I think.Will be pushing it further when I decide on an overclocking app,I didn't get on with 'ATI Tool'.Any suggestions chaps?

ati tool :D :p

Back
Top Bottom