New Pipline email smells fishy

Soldato
Dear Pipeline Card Member,

I would like to begin by thanking all of you who sent emails in response to our last update. It has been a tricky couple of months, but your messages of support and encouragement have reinforced our determination to succeed.

We have a bit of backlog on email enquiries at the moment so if you haven't had a reply for a couple of weeks, hang on in there; you will get a reply. Meanwhile, could I remind people to please read the Questions Page on the site before writing in with questions that have already been answered on the website. Thanks!

Lots of you have asked us to use our large membership to negotiate discounts on other fuels like gas or electricity. That is not what Pipeline was set up for and experience has shown us that, with so many variations around the country, nobody can guarantee to be the cheapest in all cases. We have, however, put up a link to a very useful price comparison service at http://www.PipelineCard.org/gande.html. At least you can see what everybody else is charging and switch if you can get a better deal somewhere else. We have a similar comparison service for Car Insurance at http://www.PipelineCard.org/insurance.html.

To make it crystal clear, we are not selling or recommending any individual supplier of these services, we are simply letting you know about a useful way of comparing prices.

As some of you probably know, we also get inundated with offers from companies offering discounts on everything from holidays to diving equipment - and we have always refused to include them in our mailings or feature them on the website. Some of the offers, however, represent really good value and provide genuine savings on things that motorists actually want - like tyres or lubricants. Once we get the petrol card sorted, we think that some of those might be worth including on the site.

Meanwhile, we have had a one-off offer of an introductory discount on a brand-new Sat Nav system which looks like exceptionally good value. It's a short term promotion, so it's now or never for this one. We are going to try a couple of units out ourselves and, if it performs well, we will send you the details. As I said, this is not what Pipeline is really for, but it just looks too good to miss..

That's it for now. Don't forget that you can recommend Pipeline by clicking here http://www.PipelineCard.org/recommend.html and you can resign as a member at any time by sending a blank email to [email protected].

Best wishes

Ben Scammell - Pipeline Card Founder

Now that they have achieved a huge catch of motorists details will they become a sales pitch for things like Sav Navs? I think this is smelling fishy.

Caporegime
Name says it all really.

There was me in hope too :p Nah Petrol prices suddenly don't bother me anymore. The more oil companies make the better! :D

Soldato
They interviewed the guy recently, basically they said it was obvious that he'd get some kinda cut/backhand for all his hardwork :p and there's no way he'll get the 10p/ltr discount, more like 5-6p

Soldato
I'm not bothered.

Of course there is something in it for him, you'd be an idiot to think otherwise.

It's not ramming stuff down the throats of people who have signed up.

If I still get money off it'll all be good.

Soldato
Tell you what - all the paranoid people in these Pipeline threads.
Follow the unsubscribe option in his e-mail and see if you continue to receive mail or not.
If you do - then you can jump up & down and start crying (but FFS if I see another mention on the guys name, do all "Bakers" Bake, do all "Farmers Farm" sheeesh)
If you don't then even if it was some eloborate way of getting loads of e-mail addresses, by removing you he's conforming to all of the various anti-Spam rules.

Of course none of you will unsubscribe because then next month you wouldn't be able to tell us all (again) how this is all a scam to get a list of e-mail addresses (it's a lot easier to buy a list, but hay) and tell us to look at his name.

Soldato
OP
stoofa said:
Tell you what - all the paranoid people in these Pipeline threads.
Follow the unsubscribe option in his e-mail and see if you continue to receive mail or not.
If you do - then you can jump up & down and start crying (but FFS if I see another mention on the guys name, do all "Bakers" Bake, do all "Farmers Farm" sheeesh)
If you don't then even if it was some eloborate way of getting loads of e-mail addresses, by removing you he's conforming to all of the various anti-Spam rules.

Of course none of you will unsubscribe because then next month you wouldn't be able to tell us all (again) how this is all a scam to get a list of e-mail addresses (it's a lot easier to buy a list, but hay) and tell us to look at his name.

You have to admit though, its beginning to look at little sus? I am with to a certain degree and I really want this to work out though. If he wants to sell a few things under the name, then fine, but please let the cheaper petrol come first.

Caporegime
i work in customer service

and we get calls all the time from other 3rd party companies wanting to know if we would like to offer their product to our members. We sell clothes, but we've had people trying to flog our people holidays / insurance all sorts. Im really not supprised that every man and his dog has heard about this website and has e-mailed him to take advantages of the undoubtedly large customer database

and i bet you hes right, out of the gazillion or so offers hes had, there probably are one or two that are worth a look. After all, wouldnt we all like a good deal when buying sat nav ?

Soldato
MrLOL said:
and i bet you hes right, out of the gazillion or so offers hes had, there probably are one or two that are worth a look. After all, wouldnt we all like a good deal when buying sat nav ?
But have you seen his name!?!??!!!1:rolleyes:

I'm just going to wait it out. It's looking like it may just fall through at this rate, but if it doesn't I want in;).

Back
Top Bottom