New Pioneer Plasmas. When???

Associate
Hi All

Has anyone got any ideas when Pioneer will release the replacement for the PDP-436 XDE plasma screen and what will be the big differences :confused:

I have had a look about the Pioneer web site but there doesn't seem to be any news going.

Anyone read anything in a av mag or on a forum ???

Associate
I went with my Dad to the Bristol Sound and Vision show and they where selling them there with 10% discount as well.

They where truly stunning....

I'm unsure of any particular differences as such, just one had it all built in and the other came with a box that had an extra HDMI input and input for a PC as well I believe...

Soldato
Vlad Drac said:
Hi All

Has anyone got any ideas when Pioneer will release the replacement for the PDP-436 XDE plasma screen and what will be the big differences :confused:

I have had a look about the Pioneer web site but there doesn't seem to be any news going.

Anyone read anything in a av mag or on a forum ???

The new pioneer replacement for there 43" screen is going be a 42" screen with the same 1024x768 res.

http://pioneer.jp/press/release164.html

[ PDP-427HX ]
Power consumption in use/standby: 288 W/0.1 W
Annual power consumption: 266 kWh/year
Screen size: 42 inches :(
Effective screen size: 922 mm (W) x 515 mm (H)
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Number of pixels: 1024 (H) x 768 (V)
Dimensions: 1040 mm (W) x 679 mm (H) x 115 mm (D)
Weight: 29.0 kg
Power supply: AC100V 50/60 Hz
Built-in tuners: Terrestrial Digital (x2), BS Digital (x2), CS Digital (x2),
VHF/UHF,CATV (C13ch-C38ch)
Surround: SRS WOW (SRS/FOCUS/TruBass)
Built-in amplifier output: 13 W + 13 W (JEITA)
Built-in speakers: Bass-reflex 2-way speaker system
I/O terminals Antenna input: Terrestrial Digital: 1, BS/CS: 1, VHF/UHF/CATV: 1,
Video input 1: D4 Video, S2 Video, Video, Audio
Video input 2: S2 Video, Video, Audio
Video input 3: D4 Video, Audio
Video input 4: D4 Video, S2 Video, Video, Audio
Video input 5: HDMI
Video input 6: HDMI
PC input: RGB Video: 1 (Mini D-sub 15), Audio: 1
Digital broadcast output: 1 (S2 Video, Video, Audio)
Headphones output: 1
Digital audio output (optical): 1
Video control terminal: 1
i.LINK (TS) terminal: 2
LAN (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX) Terminal : 1
Modem terminal: 1
SR+ terminal : 1 each for input and output
USB input terminal: 1
Accessories: Remote control, Owners' manual, etc.

Last edited:
Associate
Pioneer PDP-436SXE and PDP-436RXE are the Uk 2006 models RXE model has the analogue tuner.

Main Features PDP-436SXE
Diagonal Screen Size 43-inch/109 cm

Contrast Ratio 3.000:1

HD ready Yes
DVB-T Digital Tuner Yes
Integrated Speakers Yes
HDMI Input 1
Analogue Tuner Noise Reduction Yes
Electronic Program Guide (NexTView) Yes
PUREBLACK Panel Yes
PURE Drive 2HD Yes
Picture PDP-436SXE
XGA Panel Yes
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Number of Pixels 1024 (Hor) x 768 (Ver)
Brightness 1.100 cd/m2
Video Signals PAL/SECAM/ NTSC3.58/NTSC4.43/ PAL60/HD
Still Picture Yes
AV Selection (Programmed Picture) Yes
PUREBLACK Crystal Layer Yes
Direct Colour Filter Yes
True Matrix Imaging with Deep Waffle Rib Structure Yes
Colour Temperature Adjustment Yes
Colour Management Yes
Digital CTI (Colour Transient Improvement) Yes
DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) Yes
MPEG NR (Noise Reduction) Yes
PAL 3D Y/C Separation Yes
Active Dynamic Range Expander (DRE) Yes
Natural Enhancer Yes
i-CLEAR Drive Yes
Dynamic HD Converter Yes
Digital Flicker Free Yes
PureCinema Yes
Audio PDP-436SXE
Audio Output Power 13 Watt + 13 Watt (1 kHz, 10%, 8 Ohm)
Tone Control (Bass, Treble, Balance) Yes
Sound Options Surround (SRS), Audio Orientation (FOCUS), Bass Boost (TruBass)
Digital Tuner PDP-436SXE
DVB-T Compliant Yes
Modulation COFDM (2k/8k)
Video decoding MPEG2 MP@ML
Preset Channels 999
Digital Teletext (MHEG 5) Yes
Tuner PDP-436SXE
Auto Channel Search Yes
Reception System PAL BG/I/DK, SECAM BG/DK/L/L'
Number of Preset Channels 99
Teletext (CEEFAX/FLOF/TOP) Yes
Teletext Picture and Text (Dual Screen) Yes
Control PDP-436SXE
OSD (On-Screen Display) GB/D/F/NL/I/E/P/S/ FIN/GR/TR/RUS/NO/DK
Remote Control Yes
i/o Link.A Yes
Energy Save mode (for AV and PC) Yes
Connection terminals PDP-436SXE
HDMI Compatible 1
Component Video In 1
S-Video In (Front AV) 1
RCA AV In (Front AV) 1
Euro-SCART 3
Digital Optical Audio Out 1
RCA Audio Out 1
Common Interface Slot (CA Card) 1
i/o link.A Select 1
Antenna Terminal Digital Tuner 2
Antenna Terminal Analogue Tuner 1
Other PDP-436SXE
Dimensions Display (W x H x D) 1076 x 696 x 116 mm
Weight Display 31.8 kg
Power Consumption Display 291 Watt / 0.8 Watt
Power Requirements AC 220 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz

Soldato
poltergeist666 said:
Iv'e figured that I will just have to go without. It was hard enough trying to justify buying a 504, little more than 20 months ago - and at £4800, it wasn't exactly cheap!

Oh gauuud almost 5k, like anything early adopters (casualities) always suffer the worst.

Although saying that aint the 1080p LCD alternatives going to be a lot cheaper guys than the Plasmas?

Sony 40" X series approx £2300 - £2500?

Associate
Mr Latte said:
Oh gauuud almost 5k, like anything early adopters (casualities) always suffer the worst.

Although saying that aint the 1080p LCD alternatives going to be a lot cheaper guys than the Plasmas?

Sony 40" X series approx £2300 - £2500?

It's a divided viewpoint that LCD is still not there with plasma yet - but has closed the gap on where it was 18 months ago.

I told a small fib, in that I actually got a cheque back for £550 from the shop that I bought the plasma from - I commited to buy the thing for £4800, and all the paperwork was done on half cash, half interest free. Paid the cash deposit, and the plasma took 5 weeks to arrive, and in that time the retail price dropped £500, so I cancelled the order. Trouble was, the dealer had already processed the interest free order to the finance company, and had received his money, even though I hadn't had my goods. Realising he was a naughty boy, he offered me the plasma at the new price, plus another £50 off, and free fitting to my living room wall, including hiding/burying the cables & making good, which he normally charged £200 in addition. :)

£4250 is still a lot of money for a tv, I grant you, but worth it for sheer 50" visual bliss. :D

Soldato
poltergeist666 said:
£4250 is still a lot of money for a tv, I grant you, but worth it for sheer 50" visual bliss. :D

I disagree that Plasma is much better now tbh, LCD blacks are improving all the time, well on the best models it is and you always get the higher resolutions, usually more suited for HTPC use as well as no issues with screen burn. This isnt to say plasma isnt suitable but i dont think it offers the advantages it once did over early LCD tech.

The new 1080p Plasma are going to cost a fortune, but lets face it compare a common plasma today with 1024x768 res (43") to the upcoming 1920x1080 and thats a huge jump.

Regards 50" thats tiny, you were a brave man jumping in when you did. I almost done the same but knew it was wiser waiting particulary now as a decent PJ can be purchased for £1000 - £1500 and a classy plasma or LCD all for under 4k

Last edited:
Associate
Mr Latte said:
The new 1080p Plasma are going to cost a fortune, but lets face it compare a common plasma today with 1024x768 res (43") to the upcoming 1920x1080 and thats a huge jump.
True, the new 1080p pioneers are going to be around the £5500 mark for a 50" model with a 61" model following. For that sort of money I would rather spend on a decent 42" plasma now and get a decent projector and screen for movies and sport. I've got the plasma already, just trying to convince the wife to let me get a pj (got me eye on either the ThemeScene HD72i which can be had for £1795 including an electric screen, 12v trigger ubit, 10m component lead and ceiling mount) or the IN76.

Associate
Mr Latte said:
Regards 50" thats tiny, you were a brave man jumping in when you did. I almost done the same but knew it was wiser waiting particulary now as a decent PJ can be purchased for £1000 - £1500 and a classy plasma or LCD all for under 4k

That's progress I guess - I live for now, not later, and at 50" small, it does the deed.

Soldato
poltergeist666 said:
That's progress I guess - I live for now, not later, and at 50" small, it does the deed.

Dont get me wrong if you want a thing bad enough the price is sometimes overcome but i still wouldnt spend 5k on ANY single AV product, now or later particulary in something where technology moves so fast but each to their own

Associate
I dont think you could ever say 50" is small lol, yes a projector has its advantages in image size but the detail in the image does not comapre to a smaller LCD or plasma and you need the space to accomodate it too.

Associate
Image quality on a projector can be exceptional, my local dealer has a Runco pj being fed a 1080p signal and the image is stunning. Saying that it should be these pj's start at £4000 upto £250000. (Oh to win the lottery)

Back
Top Bottom