Blue-screening on brand new setup

Associate
Hello all,

Just got a bit of a problem on my brand new system. I installed everything and it was running well, appart from a bit of an onboard sound problem which was cured by getting PCI sound card and having to run the wi-fi card with a different driver. Until it started restarting. I turned on the blue screen thingy so that I actually got the stop error.

It came up with a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA in win32k.sys and PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x00000004E. No idea what that really means, something to do with drivers possibly? It does this when I maximise things I think but I couldn't be sure on that.

I'm running windows xp pro x64 which is working fine appart from having to change over the driver for my wi-fi card to one for a different card - but it works.

It also has a habit of spontaneously crashing COD2 to desktop with no explanation.

I'm a little worried about this as it's my first self-build and I'm concerned to whether I've done something very wrong.

Basic Specs are:

Opteron 165 (not overclocked yet)
2gb Geil value RAM
X850

Ask if you have anything to ask that might help me get this figured out as soon as possible.

Thank you

Permabanned
Sounds like dodgy RAM.

Make sure the timings are default and try running memtest86 on it.

I had a problem like this with my Geil Value which I probably should have returned but upping the Vdimm to 2.8v sorted it out.

Back
Top Bottom