Just something thats gone through my mind

Soldato
But lots of us here must say more about whats going on our lives in this actual forum here than we ever do to friends, family etc. Or am I just imagining it ?

Permabanned
Not a chance in hell for me, I talk to my friends and family about real issues in my life.

I only come on here to have fun, and read some interesting things.

Man of Honour
Speaking personally no I tend not to reveal huge amounts about myself and certainly nothing that I wouldn't tell to mates or members of my family. What I would tell them depends on who it is but while some people will no doubt find it easier to unburden themselves to people who are strangers, I don't, so I'd prefer to talk to mates or family in general.

Soldato
OP
Anonymity, yeah I agree with that. You don't feel like someone you know is going to judge you by saying something as you don't really know them from Adam.

I'll post it here if I can't talk about it to other people I know, mostly because half of them haven;t actually gone through some of things I have, but I know, that there's going to be the odd few here that know rought what it feels like so can relate to what I'm feeling.

Soldato
i would share my feelings on the forum but what with being a man im not sure i actually have feelings :)

.... umm, i had a driving lesson yesterday, i think it went quite well (was only my second)... quite happy about it... hows that ? :p

Soldato
Don't think I'd ever spill my feelings out on a forum, just doesn't seem right.

Saying that, I tend to bottle things up anyway, and rarely talk things over to people I know either.

Soldato
DJammyRasta said:
i would share my feelings on the forum but what with being a man im not sure i actually have feelings :)

touche!

well, i just gave my number to my ex's best friend (whom coincidentally she fancies) so i'm feeling quite happy as far as today goes.
i still have to write a 3000 word essay by tomorrow but i guess that can wait.

Associate
I wouldn't share my thoughts here,as I have now met some of the people in real life. However, I have shared my thoughts, feelings, etc on other forums and on an online journal i have, mainly because of the anonymity. Its just a nice way to get things off of your chest, without that sense that there will be repercussions.

Man of Honour
I generally don't reveal too much on the forum, as like Nismo I tend to bottle things up and deal with them myself. Besides, I know a good number of people from the forums anyway, so the whole "anonymity" thing doesn't work for me. If I had problems I wanted to talk about to someone, I'd grab one of them on MSN instead.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
Behemoth said:
But lots of us here must say more about whats going on our lives in this actual forum here than we ever do to friends, family etc. Or am I just imagining it ?
I don't say much online about my feelings, but that's because I've never felt the need to. I have said things about a variety of other subjects which I've only said because of anonymity, which is why I guard that anonymity carefully. It's fundamental to my use of forums. No anonymity, no forum participation.

Back
Top Bottom