New Killer Jackson Guitar, waiting for me in Oz

Soldato
just thought i would post a pic of my Jackson bought in the USA, and shipped to Australia for when i get there in a couple of weeks, its one fo the rare Grover Jackson models made for the Japanese market, and quite rare, Should compliment my Jem 7V quite nice ;)

jackson.jpg

Soldato
OP
SidewinderINC said:
heh, a nice set of pups in there i have to say.

i cant wait to get my guitar back on the road so to speak, Dimarzio D Sonic and PAF Joe in it. then i'll be having my 3rd guitar with an X2N in bridge and neck :eek:

i tried an X2N, i found it jsut tooooo much, great output, but if i had left it around the house, it would have ate the cat !!

good for metal of all descriptions.

Associate
Not a fan either I'm afraid... I'm sure it'll sound great with those pickups in though and I like the finish on Jackson's, shame about the dot inlays. The Floyd Rose is more trouble than it's worth.

I'd take a Gibson LP or SG over a jackson/LTD/Ibanez. As you say... each to their own.

Man of Honour
Hate said:
Is that a proper floyd or a jackson replica? if its a replica you're better off blocking it, they're terrible.
My DXMG has a "licensed" trem and it takes as much abuse as I can throw at it, Hammett-style! I suppose it's down to the setup.. if you can get it nicely balanced then you should be okay :)

Soldato
riddlermarc said:
My DXMG has a "licensed" trem and it takes as much abuse as I can throw at it, Hammett-style! I suppose it's down to the setup.. if you can get it nicely balanced then you should be okay :)

been there, done that with floyds, more trouble than they are worth imo.

I used to have a couple of lo-pro ibanez's which were alright. I value the ability to use different tunings on stage without a seperate guitar for each.

Man of Honour
Hate said:
been there, done that with floyds, more trouble than they are worth imo.

I used to have a couple of lo-pro ibanez's which were alright. I value the ability to use different tunings on stage without a seperate guitar for each.
That's why I bought a fixed bridge guitar also, the best of both worlds :) TBH I've never broken a string on stage, and v.rarely at practise.. probably jinxed it now ;)

Soldato
a decent fender style trem for the occasional wobble is good, I just don't have the patience for using a full locker.

Anyone tried the steinburger trems? my mates dad has some 80's yamaha RGX with a floyd you can screw solid! (so its not always floating). the steinburger trems also do this.

Soldato
OP
Hate said:
a decent fender style trem for the occasional wobble is good, I just don't have the patience for using a full locker.

Anyone tried the steinburger trems? my mates dad has some 80's yamaha RGX with a floyd you can screw solid! (so its not always floating). the steinburger trems also do this.

yeah, i have played Stienberger trems, very wierd feel to them, kinda ...well... spongey !!

as for ordinary strat trems, they are probably the most awful devices ever created by man !!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom