Which resolution?

Ish

Ish

Associate
I am going to be using a pc to display a powerpoint presentation on 2 screens. One will be a standard 19" tft and the other will be a 26" widescreen lcd tv with pc input placed in 2 different parts of the building.

What resolution do i need to choose in windows that will be the best compromise to display the same presentation on both size monitors at the same time? (the presentation is a text based one). If it choose 800x600 for example what will it look like on the 26" widescreen?

I hope that makes sense!!

Man of Honour
couldn't you run at 1280 x 1024 in clone mode? This would then be the native res on the 19" TFT, and you could set the LCD TV to 4:3 aspect ratio, or to 1:1 pixel mapping if it has it, to display the same image but with black borders down the sides

Man of Honour
don't THINK you can do "clone mode" with 2 different resolutions, maybe try something like ultramon, might be possible. If so then it's ideal

Ish

Ish

Associate
OP
due to the quipment being used (vga over cat5) i can only choose 1 resoloution on the pc for all monitors.

What will text look like with 102x768 on a 26" widescreen

Mud

Mud

Soldato
Shame you can't dual-head since you can use it to display powerpoint's slideshow on one screen whilst controlling it (and checking your notes) from the other, both in native. Thats what my dualscreens decide they want to do anyway...

Unless you've made widescreen slides there isn't much point in using the LCDTV in a non-widescreen resolution.

Back
Top Bottom