RAM (n00b)

Associate
hey guys, I need more ram for my computer but I'm not familiar with it all. i've got about 550 MB ram but looking for something more like 1 to 2 gig, can you help me out because its all for my media programs?

thanks

p.s. sorry if this is posted at the wrong place

Associate
OP
erm.... i'm no use with computers.... its my brother call but he isn't helping me out so i thought this site would be kool with helping me out.

what would you like to know? i'll try my best

Man of Honour
Well if it is an Intel system then you may need DDR2 Ram, if it is AMD then you will need DDR. If you don't know then you could either look at the manuals you got with your PC or try running a program like AIDA32 which should list all parts of the PC.

If you can post a few more details including how much you are willing to spend then it will be easier for people to help :)

Associate
OP
well i'm useless with computers. my brother made my computer so it didn't really come with a manual.

I'm willing to spend about £150 - £200 on hopefully a good one?

Soldato
If you go to Start>Control panel>System It should tell you a few details about your pc. Could you post what it says there please. We basically need to know if your pc is an AMD or Intel based system, as they use different types of ram.

Soldato
messiah khan said:
If you go to Start>Control panel>System It should tell you a few details about your pc. Could you post what it says there please. We basically need to know if your pc is an AMD or Intel based system, as they use different types of ram.

mobo model will tell us ;)

Associate
OP
OH i found it at last

its a:

amd Athlon (tm) 64 processor
3000+ <--- whatever that is ment to be
2.01 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
physical adress extension.

--------------------------------------------------------------

btw me + my bro has orderd me a 2 gb GeIL today

would you know how long it would take to come seeing as i got it from overclockers?

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Martin_Man said:
OH i found it at last

its a:

amd Athlon (tm) 64 processor
3000+ <--- whatever that is ment to be
2.01 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
physical adress extension.

--------------------------------------------------------------

btw me + my bro has orderd me a 2 gb GeIL today

would you know how long it would take to come seeing as i got it from overclockers?

It'll probably arrive between monday and wednesday.

The 3000 is the model of your processor (also known as a CPU). 2.01 GHz is the speed the CPU is running at.

For example, my CPU is an AMD 64 3500+ running at a retail/stock speed of 2.2GHz, which I have overclocked (made better/faster) to a speed of 2.4GHz, which is the stock speed of a 3800 chip.

Back
Top Bottom