G- Meter Fun !

Soldato
Well, Just got back from meeting up with Stoom to give the g-meter a go in the puma.

well, in short, I need to learn how to launch a car :o

Had about 4 goes at 0-60, 2 goes at a 1/4 and 2 goes at doing that 60-0 brake test

0-60 8.3 seconds
60-0 155 feet (although I recon I can get this lower, wasnt keen on slamming on the brakes constantly as the road was a bit gritty !!)
and then a 1/4 of 16.97 @ 85.4

not terrible in my opinon, got to find a decent place to try it now !

Soldato
OP
merlin said:
Slooooooooow. :(

in honesty, the 1/4 mile time means roughly nothing to me, just posted it up to see :)

0 - 60 (Secs) 8.75
1/4 Mile (Secs) 17.02
Term Speed (MPH) 82.29

Those figures are what Letstorquebhp quote, so its a little quicker than they say, tho I guess thats down to gtech inaccuracy?

Soldato
OP
merlin said:
Hmm it's pretty slow dude. :/

What's the official 0-60 per Ford?

8.7 I think, but its mainly due to it only getting 60 right on the limiter of 2nd, it did miss it a few times.. so id imagine thats based on 3rd gear

Man of Honour
It's hardly that slow really, is it? Just becuase it isn't modified Integra Type R quick doesn't mean its slow.

It's a Ford Fiesta Coupe not a Nissan Skyline.

Soldato
To put it into perpective with my old Clio Turbo. I went to Pod and had a very dodgy driveshaft. Because of this I couldn't launch hard, so pulled away with 1200 RPM, then once I'd got into half way through 2nd gave it some beans. I was putting down 16.1's.

To be honest though, raw 1/4 miles and 0.60 isn't what the Puma is about. It's about chucking it around some back lanes and it bringing a smile to your face. Don't worry about it, seriously :)

Soldato
OP
Lowe said:
To put it into perpective with my old Clio Turbo. I went to Pod and had a very dodgy driveshaft. Because of this I couldn't launch hard, so pulled away with 1200 RPM, then once I'd got into half way through 2nd gave it some beans. I was putting down 16.1's.

To be honest though, raw 1/4 miles and 0.60 isn't what the Puma is about. It's about chucking it around some back lanes and it bringing a smile to your face. Don't worry about it, seriously :)

dont worry, im not ! :)

I read something quite interesting that my car is actually 133 kilos LIGHTER than the racing puma... crazy eh?

Associate
Cheers for that matey, it was good to get out of the house & get back in a car :)

As i said earlier, your times wernt half bad, but i'd agree with Lowe, the puma isnt so much about the speed as that puma cant half hold the road well :D

Man i wanna drive now

I read something quite interesting that my car is actually 133 kilos LIGHTER than the racing puma... crazy eh?

Ah yes, but you had me in the car so that almost negates that advantage ;)

Soldato
OP
I doubt you made that muchdifference ! I still had a boot full of stuff from emptying my gf's house from uni ! in reality id imagine you cost me .1 of a second.... .1 dammit !!! ;)

As we proved, the almost total lack of roll round those corners is what its about ;)

Back
Top Bottom