Compaq Tablet TC1000

Soldato
Hi,

At school, we have 40 Compaq TC1000's which run extremly slow :( I'm in the middle of trying to make a new image for them using Windows XP Professional instead of Tablet Edition and I have everything working fine except the wireless adapter- I just can't get drivers that will work. I've downloaded the latest one's off HP's website but they won't work. I installed some earlier drivers and they initiate the wireless adapter at least but it won't find a signal even when sitting on top of an access point :mad: Both the drivers appear fine in device manager though. Just wondering if anyone knows of some drivers that will work with XP Pro and could link to them please?

Thanks,

Ben

Soldato
According to the specs I've found you may have an Intel 2200BG/2915ABG Wifi card, if you do try the intel drivers direct from Intel.com found here

Last edited:
Associate
Why are you not using XP Tablet edition?
Tablet edition is optimised for the TC1000
If your not using tablet then you may struggle to get the drivers to work.

i've got a TC1000. If memory serves me right, i had apply SP2 to it, then use the drivers from the compaq web site and was hunky dory.

These are the ones i use.

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Compaqtabletpc/us/download/19836.html

There is a hardware mod to take it from 802.11b to 802.11g btw.

Robb

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
We're using XP Pro becuase it runs faster on them- I don't know about a stand-alone environment but when you have as many programs as we have installed then it does run an awful lot faster and just seems more responsive.

Anyway, neither of those drivers work :( The first Intel set did nothing and the HP ones (Which I have tried before) just make the light flash and won't find a signal. Any more help would be great :)

Thanks,

Ben

Associate
Remember that the TC1000 is only 802.11B, if the wireless network is set to G only then the tablet wont find the network, hence lots of flashing but no connectivity.

Robb

Soldato
OP
Well I'm fairly sure that the network is B because the machines running Tablet edition connect at 11.0 Mbps :confused:Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

Soldato
OP
Well I've finally managed to get into the access point's web interface and found that they only support 802.11b anyway so I really am stuck for ideas now :confused:

Anyone?

Ben

Back
Top Bottom