The Updated X2 3800+ Overclocking Thread ...

Soldato
This is a table compiled from the Old X2 3800+ Overclocking Thread and from other threads that I've browsed with people clocking this chip.

The table should be pretty useful for people who want a guide when clocking their X2 3800+s. If you want to be added or have your data changed / updated then post in this thread and I'll do my best ;) :p!

If people want to use / process this data themselves, feel free - I've now got the data hosted online in the OpenOffice (.ods) and the MS Office Excel (.xls) formats ready to download. I will try to update these files whenever I make a table update, but if they aren't current, an update will probably be on it's way shortly (e-mail me - hotmail in trust - if you want or if the links die). The files are hosted using blighter's uploader (here), so a big thank you to him.

The clocks highlighted red were suicide shots and unstable / too hot for day-to-day use. If you are using this thread for a guide, don't attempt those sort of speeds - go for the 2500ish area. Overclocks in green are with the AM2 processor.

3800%2B%20Overclocks%20Table.JPG
3800%2B%20Overclocks%20Table.JPG

The average overclock is ... 2640 MHz ... well done lads!

Last edited:

str

str

Soldato
Nice work! Be interesting to see the SuperPI 1M times for each entry as well or maybe for a future table.

Associate
Now that table tells me one thing... i'm doing something wrong if all i can boot to windows with is 2.3Ghz! :(

Nope.... im gonna have to do it... gonna have to plead for help in a nice new fresh 'help needed for overclock on X2 3800' thread.... keep an eye out for it ;)

Oh and great job on collating that A.N.Other, made me realise im underachieving lol

Last edited:
Associate
Ok so this is what i have so far, but i'm at 2T, dunno how to change it to the seemingly standard 1T on the table, nor do i know what difference this makes but anyway...

CPU Clock: 2400Mhz
HTT: 240
RAM FSB: get back to you on that
Timings: 2.5, 3, 3, 8 2T GRRR :p
VCore: 1.4V
HT: 4x
Core:Manchester
Cooling: Thermaltake Golden Orb II
Mobo: Asrock Dual SATA

Soldato
I'm already in the list but i've changed a few things.

CPU Clock: 2700Mhz
HTT: 270
RAM FSB: 203mhz
Timings: 2.5-2-2-5 1T (Corsair PC3200 Value RAM)
VCore: 1.55V
HT: 3x
Core: Manchester
Cooling: Thermaltake Blue Orb II
Mobo: Asrock 939 Dual Sata2

274ey.jpg

I think I can get it higher but, need better cooling.

@Foehammer2003 - It's the MA Timing for 1T/2T in the cpu configuration section.
@StevenG - Go to the memory tab in cpu-z to find out if your on 1T or 2T.

Soldato
OP
@ Foehammer
There should be an option in BIOS called command rate or something. Open up all of the options and take a look (just don't change the ones you don't know about) - there will only be a 1T and 2T option for this one. It also depends on how you have your RAM configured. If you have 2 sticks, running in dual configuration, it will probably autoset 1T. If you have more than 2, running at 1T will not be possible.

@ StevenG
You can determine 1T/2T in CPUz, which I would imagine you have? On the memory tab, it's put as 'command rate'.

// EDIT // Only just read all of lee's post ... I didn't need to type any of this :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Right-o. Thanks for your input guys. I've updated the table in the OP, so that you don't have to find the latest revision in the thread.

I've added some more people (such as that slacker Otacon :rolleyes:!) and a running average as well.

I've got quite a few holes in the table now though! If you are one of those sinners, give me some more info please :)

Last edited:
Associate
A.N.Other,
Nice work mate, I myself thankyou as its awsome to see them in chart format.

Also
Mine is under "Chilly1 Phase 402a" Just for the record. :D

Soldato
Wow... suprised to see I'm still so far up that list!

My phase is long gone now but the chip still managed to comfortably to run on stock cooling at 2.6 in a shuttle..

I'm sure Tom got past my score though.. he must have done??

Soldato
CPU Clock : 2500Mhz
HTT: 250
RAM FSB: 250
Timings: 2.5-4-4-8 1T
VCore: 1.475V
HT: 4x
Core: Toledo
Cooling: Air - XP-90C
Mobo: MSI K8N Neo4 Plat

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Good work tom! I still need some of your information though :)

Thanks Melchy.

I'll update the table this evening.

Can everyone point the aforenamed sinners in the direction of this thread if you see them about.

Back
Top Bottom