Breastfeeding in public

Associate
I would be very interested to hear your views on breastfeeding in public.

I often hear from mothers who feel constantly persecuted for feeding their children in public. More often than not the mother is particularly descreet in an attempt to assuage the sensibilities of passing prigs.

Many mums tell a similar story of disdainful looks, generally from other older women who proclaim, "That's what the toilet/restroom is for!"

My personal view is that these attitudes are anachronistic not to mention highly offensive.

The response should be, "When you are willing to eat your meals in a filthy public toilet, I'll follow!"

How acceptable is page 3 in comparision? I think the public should wake up and smell the lactose!

Is there anyone with clout able to offer this up as a poll please?

Last edited:
Soldato
tbh as long as they don't do what some mothers do and get both of em out and make a huge scean of it, I couldn't care less, its can be done VERY discreatly but some mothers chose not to be so.

Associate
Havn't really thought about this tbh, but i think in all fairness, go for it. I agree with the OP's comment about eating dinner in a toilet. Not exactly alike, but the principle is there.

Associate
OP
SidewinderINC said:
i dont like it particularly, but its none of my business if they keep it discreet.

never see any milfs doing it though! :(

siandtina said:
hmm, not the most attractive sight..

Why's it never the hotties breastfeeding, always seems to be 40 yr old mums with 4 kids pulling one out...

Si

Not sure I really understand why attractive women would be acceptable. Are you attaching some sexual reference to a baby feeding?

Consigliere
No problem with it really and i appluad the mothers who decide to use this natural method for feeding their child. I don't mean literally running up to breastfeeding mother's and clapping loudly. :p

Man of Honour
Dried Graze said:
Lactose intolerant?
Way to go ruin the joke
icon14.gif

On the subject, it isn't particularly offensive, but neither is it desirable.

Associate
OP
Gilly said:
Way to go ruin the joke
icon14.gif

Sorry :)

On the subject, it isn't particularly offensive, but neither is it desirable.

A government poll of 427 men found 79% would want their baby to be breastfed, contrary to popular belief that they might not. In addition, most mothers, DOH, Unicef, the National Childbirth Trust and all parenting groups that I have come into contact with, would disagree with you.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Piggymon said:
Doesn't bother me in the slightest and I can understand how anyone could possibly be offended :confused:

Because OMG GOD BOOBIES!!!! HOW DISCUSTING!!! AND WHAT IS THAT DISCUSTING LITTLE LEECH HANGING OFF IT!!!! :eek:

You cant even sun bake naked in your own back yard these days :(

Associate
I don't find it offensive in any way what so ever, its the natarul way for a mother to feed her child. As has been said, if you don't like it, don't look.
Breast is best!

Back
Top Bottom