New Sony Firmware and Sonic Stage CP 4.0

Soldato
Good News Everybody... [/Farnsworth]

Sony have released v3.0 firmware for the NW-A3000 NW-A1200 NW-A1000
They've released v2.01 firmware for the NW-A600 Series
And V2.0 Firmware for the NW-000F Series

They've released Sonic Stage CP in USA, Japan and Asia-Pacific (& JEB [Overseas]) and a European version is now available :D.

The new NW-A3000 firmware seems good, but I haven't had a proper chance to test it yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
What does the firmware do?

So far I can see a calendar, a clock which looks cool, and a loading icon also the fastforward seems to be faster

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
xb8browney said:
What does the firmware do?
Not sure which player for.. but for the NW-A Hd players
NEW FEATURE ENABLED:

• Playing back with AAC format* is available without any format change. Therefore, AAC format files in SonicStage CP can be transferred without converting them to ATRAC format.

*Note:

i. Sampling frequency: 11.025/12/16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48kHz

ii. Supported bit rates: 16 - 320 kbps, VBR (Variable Bit Rate).

iii. Copyright protected AAC files cannot be played back. In addition, it is not guaranteed that all of AAC files can be played back even if the above conditions are met.
  • The Artist Link Shuffle mode is added to the Intelligent Shuffle.
  • The clock display and calendar display functions are added. If CONNECT Player or SonicStage CP is used, the unit clock synchronizes to the computer when the Network Walkman is connected to the software.
  • The screen saver is selectable.
  • Group +/- can be operated using the compatible stick controller (RM-MC35ELK). Playback can be adjusted to the beginning of the first track in the previous or next group from the current group, regardless of the starting position or the playmode.

It is also possible to move to the first track of the group in Playlist, Bookmark, Trash Bin and Favorite 100.
IMPROVEMENTS

• The sorting order is based on the album track number rather than alphabetical order when Artist ALL is selected from the Artist tree of the List search.
  • The animation design which appears while the HDD is accessed is changed.
  • The resume track information reset is prohibited with the recharge operation.
BTW, the Sonic Stage 4.0 CP for Europe is available Here.

Last edited:
Soldato
About this download
Additional feature:

* Playing AAC format* is supported without any format change. (AAC format files in SonicStage CP can be transferred without being converted into ATRAC format).
* The Artist Link Shuffle mode is added to the Intelligent Shuffle.
* The clock display and calendar display functions are added. If you use CONNECT Player or SonicStage CP, the unit clock synchronizes to your PC when you connect the unit to the application software.
* The screen saver can be selected.
* Improved functions of the optional controller (RM-MC35ELK).

* The following AAC files are supported by the unit:

* AAC (Advanced Audio Coding)
* Sampling frequency: 11.025/12/16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48kHz
* Bit rate: 16 - 320 kbps, VBR (Variable Bit Rate) is supported.

NOTE: Copyright protected AAC files cannot be played back. It is not guaranteed that all of AAC files can be played back even if meeting above conditions.

Modified feature:

* The sorting order is based on the album track number rather than alphabetical order when you select Artist ALL from the Artist tree of the List search.
* The animation design which appears while the HDD is accessed is changed.
* The resume track information reset is prohibited during the recharge operation.

Man of Honour
ive just downloaded the firmware thanks, about this sonicstage currently on my pc is connect player you recommend i remove this and install the new sonicstage?? i have a A1000

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ichabod crane said:
ive just downloaded the firmware thanks, about this sonicstage currently on my pc is connect player you recommend i remove this and install the new sonicstage?? i have a A1000
Up to you, although at current, SS 4 isn't converting all of my tracks to atrac...

Soldato
Hey thanks for the post, i gave up checkin up on the Sony website for anything new, hope the new SS4 is better, still annoyed me that i could transferr all my tracks OFF the player to a back up folder.

Bit worried about the firmware upgrade though, certain aspects mihgt stop me putting on MP3's from other folder onto my player, is this the case?

Back
Top Bottom