• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7800gtx trips power supply

Associate
anyone had probs with Nvidia 7800gtx (Dell) and power supply. I have an Antec true power 550W and whenI put the 7800 in my machine it trips the power off. I have stripped the machine down to basics, Asus P5gdc deluxe board 3.8ghz P4 2gb of Ram and one hard drive but the same thing happens.
Surely 550W should be enough. any ideas would be welcome.

Associate
Im on my third antec neo he 550watt psu. Fist one was ok for about a month or so...got home one day and the computer wouldnt turn on. The motherboard was getting power but it wouldnt turn on(it must have been either the 24 pin power connector or the 4 pin) Second one first tried it...and the same thing happened. At this time I was only using one x1900 xtx(now im using crossfire) My third one touch wood seems ok. Im using crossfire and all is well.
I dont know if this makes a difference but on the new one,it says europe on the box.on the two that failed it didnt..who knows.

Back
Top Bottom