• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do I need to go Dual Core?? (from 3700+)

Associate
Hi everyone,

Some advices please.. I recently got a Dell 6400 1.66 dual core lappy and it astounded me at how quiet and fast it runs. SiSoft scored it 15000+ whereas my 3700+ desktop running at 2.8GHz gets 12500?!

My use of the PC is flight simming and with Fs2004 CPU power is what counts (gfx have come along way but with the newer plance with all those groovy guages its the CPU that does this processing)

So... with this taste of Intel dual Core goodness, should I go for this as desktop solution? I am looking at that nasty 805 and hearing good and bad about it, the fast that I need to change mobo and ram is peeving me.. is it worth the trouble??

Any flight simmy peeps out there able to tell me thier experience?

Many thanks!

Mul

Mul

Associate
Anyone with a 939 single setup would be nuts to part with it and get an 805 based PC. Like the above poster said, Athlon 64 X2 3800 and Opteron 165 are your best bets.

Mul

Back
Top Bottom