Which SKT 939 mobo that is AGP ?

Underboss
my system has gone down and after testing components, I need a new motherboard

current one is an Abit AV8 and I liked it

I am not sure what to get as a replacemt, that system is a gamming platform, but I cant afford a PCIe mobo, coz i cant afford a new gfcx card, im using an ATI radeon X800 XTPE anyway, which is currentlly fast enough for me.

any suggestions?

Soldato
Permabanned
I recomend the Epox 9nda3i, can be picked up for around £40 and is nForce3 250 has good overclocking options and is very stable. Has onboard sound, LAN and an AGP Slot.

Also the gigabyte Gigabyte K8NSNC. This board is also nForce3 250 but the gb version. Has gbit LAN, sound, sata, overclocking options and an AGP slot, also is very stable.

I've got both of these mobo's and the only quibble ive got with one is the EpOX's onboard sound is a bit tinny.

Underboss
OP
meaz said:
I recomend the Epox 9nda3i, can be picked up for around £40 and is nForce3 250 has good overclocking options and is very stable. Has onboard sound, LAN and an AGP Slot.

Also the gigabyte Gigabyte K8NSNC. This board is also nForce3 250 but the gb version. Has gbit LAN, sound, sata, overclocking options and an AGP slot, also is very stable.

I've got both of these mobo's and the only quibble ive got with one is the EpOX's onboard sound is a bit tinny.

Thats worth a consideration, but if the epox board sounds a bit naff, then that's out as i dont have a sound card as of yet

Soldato
From what I understand, the VIA chipset for the last Socket 939 AGP m.boards was much better than NF3 :confused:

TBH, the Asrock is your best bet & wouldn't understand why anyone would want to go different - think about the resale value also ;)

Back
Top Bottom