• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is Intel VIIV?

Soldato
i was browsing the dell website and there was

Intel® Pentium® D 930 Dual Core Processor (3.00GHz, 800MHz fsb, 2x2MB cache)

and

Intel® Viiv™ technology -Intel® Pentium® D 930 Dual Core(3.00GHz,800MHz,2x2MB)

whats the difference and whats better and things?

Associate
It's basically like Centrino - you have to have an Intel chipset, Intel CPU and Intel something-or-other. Then the PC must support Away mode - a low power, fan-off mode where it can still record TV. Finally, when your PC passes all these requirements, you get a nice shiny VIIV badge to go on your PC.

It's basically helping OEMs to market Media Centre computers.

Soldato
r3loaded said:
It's basically like Centrino - you have to have an Intel chipset, Intel CPU and Intel something-or-other. Then the PC must support Away mode - a low power, fan-off mode where it can still record TV. Finally, when your PC passes all these requirements, you get a nice shiny VIIV badge to go on your PC.

It's basically helping OEMs to market Media Centre computers.

VIIV - what TiVo has been doing for the last 5 years...

Associate
kevpuk said:
I'm guessing VI = 6 and IV = 4 ? Hhhhmmmm, not tooooo sure 'bout that, then ! :p

Yep, I mean 6 and 4 (not sixty-four) I realised just as I logged off that it could have been better explained =) . Very confusing indeed...

Back
Top Bottom