telewest more than 1 tv?

Man of Honour
is it possible to split the cable and use a 2nd hand digi box and install it in my bedroom (with no card) and get free view channels?

Commissario
Nope, it won't work AFAIK.

I beleive NTL and Telewest require all their digiboxes to have viewing cards in them, and for them to be registered with the servers and linked to an account (otherwise they will not normally work).

Also, all of the boxes are technically NTL/Telewest's property and as such you should not be able to buy them.

About the only thing you can possibly do, is use the connection straight to your TV/VCR to get a good signal for channels 1-5 (analogue), as I beleive they are sent unencrypted - but that could cause problems for your digital box, or other users in your immediate area (and if they trace it back to you, you would get a bill for sorting it out).

NTL and Telewest both other second STB's with viewing cards that give them mirror subs fairly cheaply I beleive (something like £12 a month), which includes the rental and installation of them.

Man of Honour
OP
taht sucks, can't afford to pay any more monthly, Yep got an aerial but it suckssssssssss. even with a booster I only get fuzzy 1-5 can ocasionly get e4 on a normall freview box but thats it.

Soldato
Some telewest areas do not offer channel 5, infact I dont think any do and just analogue 1-4 through their network.

They may be switching this off but they have been saying that for a while now.

Neil, if you need a lead or adaptor to use the cable feed for analogue let me know. ;)

I have some F to male coax adaptors. So if you have the telewest cable hanging out of the wall then just screw this on, job done.

Last edited:
Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
so I can connect the cable straight up to a vcr, to get channel 1-4?

I'm a bit confused now.

The coax cable which plugs into the back of a cable box. If you were to plug this directly into your TV you get channels 1-4.

You sometimes get a few others too, Sky News usually and some other random channels.

Man of Honour
OP
Tesla said:
The coax cable which plugs into the back of a cable box. If you were to plug this directly into your TV you get channels 1-4.

You sometimes get a few others too, Sky News usually and some other random channels.

COOL, In my room I have a 2 way splitter, can I just buy a 3 way splitter. run another cable of it but then how do you convert the cable to a normall aerial cable or what?

Back
Top Bottom