Controlling sound

Soldato
basically im wanting to send sound (music) through my high-fi speakers and send a different sound (either my mates on ts or sounds from the game) down my pc speakers..... is this possible ????

i know it would be simpler to just play it in the background but i just want to know if its possible

and if sending the sound (to the high fi) through the black output (which i cant remember correctly but thats digital right) would that make any difference ???

Man of Honour
I don't think it is possible tbh, though i'm very interested if anybody is able to do this. I think whatever sounds are played on your machine, are going to be reproduced on all outputs..

Associate
2 sound cards... :)

In each application you can usually select which soundcard to use.

If you have an on-board sound card use that and buy yourself a cheap PCI card to go longside it ;)

Sorted.

Soldato
OP
hybrid said:

If you have an on-board sound card use that and buy yourself a cheap PCI card to go longside it ;)

Sorted.

think i might have to try this one out thanks =D

Man of Honour
hybrid said:

Sorted.

Are you sure that'll work? I'm pretty certain that windows will only work with one sound device. When I installed my Creative sound card I had to physically disable the onboard one just to make the former work?

Soldato
this will work but normaly you need to of the same type of card. Also with one card you may be able to use the mixer to allow diferent programs to use the line out output on the card. (line-out for your sterio and normal for headphone/pc speakers)

Soldato
I used to play Battlefield Vietnam loads in a clan and used TS over my audigy. I set the default sound card in windows control panel to use my audigy. Had my headset hooked up to it.

But to play music i run Winamp and have set it's default sound card to use the onboard Realtek sound card on my mobo.

Works a treat :) But it depends if the programs you want to use can be set to use a specific card for output.

Man of Honour
ns400r - wow, i've read their website, but does this really work?

How do they work? :)

Do I have to uninstall my old creative drivers first before the kX project ones? And then install my onboard ones for the motherboard?

Back
Top Bottom