has anyone got a Zalman Fan Mate 2

Associate
my comps back 120mm fan is loud was gonna get a fan mate the fan on the back has a molex for the power and the 3 pin connector only has 1 wire what would b the best way to sort this out back fans rpm is 1361 at the moment case i have is the thermalktake tsunami with the original fans

Soldato
Dilzem said:
my comps back 120mm fan is loud was gonna get a fan mate the fan on the back has a molex for the power and the 3 pin connector only has 1 wire what would b the best way to sort this out back fans rpm is 1361 at the moment case i have is the thermalktake tsunami with the original fans
OMG! Are you allergic to punctuation? :eek:

1361 rpm is pretty slow already, so if it is too loud now, I doubt you will see that much improvement using the same fan. Probably the easiest solution would be to get a new fan - e.g. Akasa amber 120mm.

(Yes, I am a LINK)

Associate
OP
It has to b one with blue leds cos i got a see through panel and it looks good with the led's but i cant find a 120mm with blue led's which is quieter so would it b pointless to get the fan mate for this fan

Soldato
Well if the fan is powered by a molex then the Zalman FanMate 2 won't work on it (this requires it to be powered by a 3-pin mobo header). The one wire going through the 3-pin connector is only for monitoring the speeds and does not power the fan.

So, either do a 7V mod or get a new fan (or both if the new fan is too loud).

Associate
You dont have to buy a new fan. Do you have any 3 to 4 pin adaptors or 3 pin fan extension cables? If so chop the molex of then and solder the black and red wires from the fan to the black and red wires on the 3 pin cable, it can then be used with a fan controller.

Soldato
Mikey1280 said:
You dont have to buy a new fan. Do you have any 3 to 4 pin adaptors or 3 pin fan extension cables? If so chop the molex of then and solder the black and red wires from the fan to the black and red wires on the 3 pin cable, it can then be used with a fan controller.
Yes, that's fair enough. Most people don't have a soldering iron though.

Back
Top Bottom