Spreadable Alternative to "Real" Butter?

Soldato
Ok.. Im a big butter fan but recently have found that chizzling away at the Country Life in the morning does not leave me with much time for anything else.

Im looking for a "Straight from the fridge" spread which is as close to butter as you can get without the real thing.

Thanks.

Soldato
I think Lurpak is 80% butter and 20% marge, its the best I have tasted really. They are all a bit :-/.

Just keep your butter at room temp?

Soldato
don't leave your butter in the fridge, perhaps?

Room temperature is fine for butter.

beaten to it, however i thought that if you like your butter from the fridge, pre slice it before you refridgerate it.

Soldato
As for spreadable butter, I just look at the labels and pick whichever has the highest butter % I guess. Lurpak is higher than Anchor last I looked (and they were the only two in the shop), I'm sure there's better. Country Life is yummy. :)

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
Bingo
butter isn't really made to be kept in the fridge. You just get a pool of butter in the morning if it gets too hot when its elsewhere.

AWESOME.

Butter dish removed from fridge......

Gimpy looks forward to Bacon Sandwich with Tomato Sauce in about 8 hours time - Yum Yum

Thanks for your replies.

Last edited:
Soldato
This thread reminds me of that bit from Withnail and I:

"This wasn't the impression I had been given about Country Folk, I thought they'd all be round the back, drinking cider, discussing butter; clearly a myth..."

Man of Honour
William said:
This thread reminds me of that bit from Withnail and I:

"This wasn't the impression I had been given about Country Folk, I thought they'd all be round the back, drinking cider, discussing butter; clearly a myth..."
I think I should get round to watching this film.

Soldato
Yes, you should. Then you should play the Withnail & I drinking game, you can skip the lighterfluid because you're a first timer but second time round you gotta go hardcore. ;)

PS, where does one apply for ownership?

Back
Top Bottom