Scotland fans supporting England?

Soldato
I keep getting asked a particular question, so if you read this all the way through you'll get the answer.....

40 degrees - Californians shiver uncontrollably.
People in Scotland sunbathe.

35 degrees - Italian cars won't start.
People in Scotland drive with the windows down.

20 degrees - Floridians wear coats, gloves, and wool hats.
People in Scotland throw on shorts and a T-shirt.

15 degrees - Californians begin to evacuate the state.
People in Scotland go swimming in the sea.

0 degrees - New York landlords turn the heat on.
People in Scotland have a last barbi before it gets cold.

-10 degrees - People in Miami are extinct.
People in Scotland lick flagpoles.

-20 degrees - Californians all now live in Mexico.
People in Scotland throw on a light jacket.

-80 degrees - Polar bears begin to evacuate the Artic.
Scottish Boy Scouts postpone winter survival exercise until it gets
cold enough.

-100 degrees - Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
People in Scotland wear a vest and pull down their ear flaps.

-173 degrees - Ethyl alcohol freezes.
People in Scotland get angry 'cos they can't thaw their whisky.

-297 degrees - Microbial life starts to grind to a halt.
Scottish cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

-460 degrees - ALL atomic motion stops.
People in Scotland start saying " A bit hill chilly ... eh? "

-500 degrees - Hell freezes over.
Scottish people support England in the World Cup

Soldato
Might be surprised how many Scots will support England, a lot of unionjack flyers, most of the Rangers fans will be supporting England i bet :)

What puts most people of supporting England up here is the media, they hype, the constant reminders, im guessing most English people are getting sick of them bringing up the date 196.. I wont say it :o

Myself ? ill be buying a Trinidad & Tobago top hehe

Soldato
Morba said:
i have no doubt that most of the uk other than england will be cheering for whoever we are playing against :]

I'll be supporting England despite not being English because I want to support the only UK side that qualified. I also support the Man Utd club players at international level and want to see them all do well.

Soldato
IceBus said:
I'll be supporting England despite not being English because I want to support the only UK side that qualified. I also support the Man Utd club players at international level and want to see them all do well.

Me too. C'mon Engerland!!!

Associate
Trox said:
What puts most people of supporting England up here is the media, they hype, the constant reminders, im guessing most English people are getting sick of them bringing up the date 196.. I wont say it :o

Thats spot on, I've started to watch England with the intention of supporting them and after 30mins of listening to commentators being totally biased to the point of farse, given up which is a bit sad.

I hope England do well and if the media could show a little humility and even handed commentry I would be cheering you on.

I wont hold my breath though :D .

Soldato
i am a die-hard Scot, from one of the roughest areas of Glasgow in fact, but i would like it note

i will be supporting England in the world cup !!

i really dont see what the problem is, i am brittish, but of Scottish heritage, and that kinda sums it up. Obviously if Scotland had qualified i would be cheering them, but they didnt (again!) so i wil be cheering any other home nation, ie. England

go on England !!

:)

Soldato
JimmyEatWorms said:
Come on (whoever is playing against) England!!! :p ;)

A lot of the Scottish media seem to be saying Trinidad & Tobago due to the number of Scottish-based players they have.

Says it all about the quality of our leagues these days. :o

Associate
Gary said:
Thats spot on, I've started to watch England with the intention of supporting them and after 30mins of listening to commentators being totally biased to the point of farse, given up which is a bit sad.

I hope England do well and if the media could show a little humility and even handed commentry I would be cheering you on.

I wont hold my breath though :D .

Agree 100% with Gary, hell I'm actually half English believe it or not but I will not be supporting England in the world cup.

The media is unbelievable

Some Scottish fans will choose to support England which is fair play, some will choose not to.

How many Spurs fans supported Arsenal in the Champions League? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Toryglen-boy said:
i am a die-hard Scot, from one of the roughest areas of Glasgow in fact, but i would like it note

i will be supporting England in the world cup !!

i really dont see what the problem is, i am brittish, but of Scottish heritage, and that kinda sums it up. Obviously if Scotland had qualified i would be cheering them, but they didnt (again!) so i wil be cheering any other home nation, ie. England

go on England !!

:)

Rangers Supporter.

;)

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
I thought you were English:)

I'm a Belfast man. :) There's more chance of Gilly sitting in the Theatre of Dreams wearing a Man Utd shirt than N.Ireland playing in a WC or European Championship. :p I always watch and support England anyway since I follow a Premiership team.

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
I'm a Belfast man. :) There's more chance of Gilly sitting in the Theatre of Dreams wearing a Man Utd shirt than N.Ireland playing in a WC or European Championship. :p I always watch and support England anyway since I follow a Premiership team.

Didn't realise you were a local Tony :D I really wish we'd make an Ireland team that comprised North and South - ala Rugby and have the Ruby national anthem. So basically that'd be all the R.O.I. team and then Davis and Healy lol ;)

Soldato
IceBus said:
Didn't realise you were a local Tony :D I really wish we'd make an Ireland team that comprised North and South - ala Rugby and have the Ruby national anthem. So basically that'd be all the R.O.I. team and then Davis and Healy lol ;)

Amen brother! Just look at how well the rugby team are doing. I think Healy needs competent players around him to show people what he's really capable of. I think the Irish F.A. fear change though. Like you I think it would be a positive thing and a step in the right direction. The football here really is pants. lol

Back
Top Bottom