• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bent Pins and two Missing on a S478 CPU Help

Associate
Just need to know
have got this from a friend who did of DIY and have now ended up with a non working computer
what it is i need to know if someone has got a diagram over the pin on the cpu so i can see whats gone wrong.
The "Dell thing " is not working anymore as my friend put all the lose bits inside and turned case upside drown :eek:
so i can't test it on the computer and my systems are all AMD.

so a bit of help please

Soldato
What i think you asked for is a diagram of the CPU pins... I'm not sure what you mean, unless you mean a picture of the underside of a S478 CPU, although I cant see how this would help...

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Google much?

http://images.google.com/images?cli...G=Google+Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

The "missing pins" in the corner are like that so that you don't accidentally install the CPU into the socket incorrectly.
i didn't understand the opening post 100%... but... i think what he means is a diagram of the bottom of a s478 CPU...

possibly showing what each pin does, and whether or not it is needed... which means he can work out then what pins on his broken CPU are missing/broken and then whether or not (in theory) it will work?

no idea where you could find something like that though.... but thats what i think he means.

Associate
OP
nikebee said:
i didn't understand the opening post 100%... but... i think what he means is a diagram of the bottom of a s478 CPU...

possibly showing what each pin does, and whether or not it is needed... which means he can work out then what pins on his broken CPU are missing/broken and then whether or not (in theory) it will work?

no idea where you could find something like that though.... but thats what i think he means.

sorry for my english guys is just llike your danish ;)
but yes that is what i was after a diagram of bottom of the s478 to work out if the missing pins is needed , iknow some are gounds and orthers are some kind of volts?

Soldato
A24+26 are both VSS pins, which as far as i can gather are the pins that power up the CPU.

i believe they also ground the processor... stopping it from getting fried?? :confused:

str

str

Soldato
I had to replace a pin on a S478 P4 mobile CPU.

What I did was use a thin piece of metal (think it was a staple), put it in the CPU socket on the motherboard and put the CPU in the socket. The replacement pin obviously has to be thick enough so it doesn't fall through the socket hole and big enough so it touches the CPU. :)

Back
Top Bottom