dumb support call of the week!

Associate
just had this call and thought it was funny so i had to share it. basically just had a customer call me as he has bought himself a shiny new firewall and he was complaining that our DNS servers have started port scanning him on port 53 lmfao :rolleyes: god knows why his firewall is alerting him to all the DNS requests lol

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

I've had a few problems like that where customers have phoned up saying stupid things, I was creating an account for a member of staff and it has to be 5 charactors or more, I said give me 5 charactors or more password" she replied "cat" i was well in stiches. It took her bout 20 seconds to click on what she just said :eek: funny though I must admit.

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Slinwagh said:
One of the funniest support issues i have ever dealt with ended in me saying...

"No you have to turn the computer on"

I bet all technicians have faved that one, I have many times. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Ive had simalar subport calls when trying to help people set up the stuff belkin stuff over the phone (i work office superstore chain were im treated like the tec suport of eveything in the store:( ) , anyways the most popular one is people with DSL connection and bought routers without the modem built in even though i said it would'nt work otherwise, then they come back the next day asking for a cable so they can plug there USB modem into one the "internet" port on the back of the router lol , same sort of people that complaned about me when i "fixed" someones printer but it just ran out of ink i said this is the ink chart you need , ask weather i could install it i did , it worked then walked off with the printer then he got ****** when i told him he had to pay for the charts lol , god i hate working in retail , opps ive rambled on abit but you get my point

No swearing.

Otacon

Soldato
KillBoY_UK said:
Ive had simalar subport calls when trying to help people set up the stuff belkin stuff over the phone (i work office superstore chain were im treated like the tec suport of eveything in the store:( ) , anyways the most popular one is people with DSL connection and bought routers without the modem built in even though i said it would'nt work otherwise, then they come back the next day asking for a cable so they can plug there USB modem into one the "internet" port on the back of the router lol , same sort of people that complaned about me when i "fixed" someones printer but it just ran out of ink i said this is the ink chart you need , ask weather i could install it i did , it worked then walked off with the printer then he got ****** when i told him he had to pay for the charts lol , god i hate working in retail , opps ive rambled on abit but you get my point

charts?

Associate
OP
i think he means the program you can get that shows you how much ink your printer has left, yea i had a customer who called the other day asking how he can connect the hub he had just bought to his adsl usb modem lmao makes you wondered what goes through some poeples head or what the people that sell it to them are acutally doing in that job lol

Back
Top Bottom