• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900 GTX performance

Associate
Just upgraded my XFX 7800 GTX 256 for an XFX 7900 GTX 512mb

3mark05 on my 7800 gave me 7450 - did a 3dmark05 with the 7900 in and i get 8170.

I wasn't expecting a huge increase but is this too little?

My system:
Intel Pentium 4 650 3.4Ghz Socket 775 800mhz 2mb Cache
Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe
Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-5400 TwinX (4x512MB)
XFX GEFORCE 7900GTX 512MB DDR3 TV + DUAL DVI PCI-E
Creative Soundblaster X-FI Xtreme Music - Retail
Western Digital RAPTOR 36.7GB 10,000rpm 8mb cache
Samsung Spinpoint 160GB 8mb cace
Enermax Liberty 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU

Thanks!

Soldato
Lol, that score is definatly the result of your CPU. It bottlenecked your old 7800GTX as you can see with that score. If you want to see a significant rise in your score, then upgrade your CPU.

Soldato
sablabra said:
Why? It would only ruin IQ and give him a few points extra. I ALWAYS use high quality
You really think people give a crap on how their benchmarks look? rofl, hello to LOD negativity...

Someone's not got a clue about benchmarks have they :D:D

Associate
A random name said:
You really think people give a crap on how their benchmarks look? rofl, hello to LOD negativity...

Someone's not got a clue about benchmarks have they :D:D

Do you only use your pc for benchmarking? If the score is way off, it's not gonna fix the problem anyhow...

Soldato
sablabra said:
Do you only use your pc for benchmarking? If the score is way off, it's not gonna fix the problem anyhow...
No... but when i'm trying to get the best score i can that's what you do? Don't argue, there's no arguement in it.

Caporegime
naffa said:
Lol, that score is definatly the result of your CPU. It bottlenecked your old 7800GTX as you can see with that score. If you want to see a significant rise in your score, then upgrade your CPU.

I would have said overclock your cpu rather than upgrade ;)

Associate
i get 10270 in 3dmark05 at stock with my 7900gtx.

Mine was set to quality. What does changing that to performance achieve? and why not set it to high performance if it made a difference? also i would like to say how stupid the order of those settings are. Why did they go:
high performance - performance - quality - high quality

Logically i would expect:
quality - high quality - performance - high performance

bloody muppets !

Associate
Humate said:
i get 10270 in 3dmark05 at stock with my 7900gtx.

Mine was set to quality. What does changing that to performance achieve? and why not set it to high performance if it made a difference? also i would like to say how stupid the order of those settings are. Why did they go:
high performance - performance - quality - high quality

Logically i would expect:
quality - high quality - performance - high performance

bloody muppets !

I think you're the muppet!

Anyhow, you would achieve a bit better score, but you would also get worse image quality. Stick to high quality would be the best for 24/7 use :D

Soldato
sablabra said:
I think you're the muppet!

Anyhow, you would achieve a bit better score, but you would also get worse image quality. Stick to high quality would be the best for 24/7 use :D
You're truely retarded, i swear.

YOU'RE NOT LOOKING FOR QUALITY IN BENCHMARKS, YOU'RE LOOKING FOR THE BEST SCORE POSSIBLE! :rolleyes:

Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom