Bluetooth stack software

Soldato
Hey guys,

I have bought a celink bluetooth adapted, but i dont like the bloated software that comes with it.

Does anyone know where i can download a bt stack app, which will just allow me the usual bluetooth connect, browse and push type functions.

Cheers

Associate
I fully reccommend WIDCOMM bluetooth software, the bluesolie stuff is much worse in my opinion.

Also if you have a bluetooth enabled modbile phone you can use a program called Salling Clicker to control your PC! It rocks (btw Salling clicker is incompatible with bluesolie-which is very bloated)

Associate
Doug said:
The stack built in to XP SP2 hasn't given me any jip.

^^ I disagree. IMHO the generic bluetooth stack that microsoft has put together is rubbish. I've had 3 bluetooth adapters from DLink, TDK and now MSI and with each one I've had to override the MS Bluetooth Stack with the one supplied with the adapter to get it to work properly.

Assuming you have XPSP2, the following steps should cure your woe's

1) Install the software that came with your adapter
2) In 'Device Manager' disable the 'Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator'
3) Update the driver for your adapter (right click > 'Update Driver') with the one that was supplied with it. This may take some hunting around and manually browsing through the list of drivers installed or even using the old 'have disk' button (RETRO! :D )

Once the drivers have been updated, the MS Bluetooth Stack will cease to function and will give you no more problems, allowing your supplied software to work properly :)

Soldato
Charlie Bravo said:
Whay bluetooth dongles are you guys using? I've got a Belkin one and it gives me nothing but hassle.

I got a Linksys USBBT100.

You need to read here when you install it tho.

Software that comes with it seems to cover all.

lcontrol.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Freakish_05 said:
^^ I disagree. IMHO the generic bluetooth stack that microsoft has put together is rubbish. I've had 3 bluetooth adapters from DLink, TDK and now MSI and with each one I've had to override the MS Bluetooth Stack with the one supplied with the adapter to get it to work properly.
My Epox dongle works perfectly with it :)

Back
Top Bottom