Yet Another about to buy a 360 thread: check my purchases

Soldato
So my Samsung 26inch R73 bandwagon, er, Bordeaux will be arriving next Saturday, and so I want to buy a 360 premium and all required fluff now so I don't cry next week by having a beautiful new telly and no 360 thanks to the slow postie.

So here's the plan:

From Game:
XBOX 360 premium + Hitman + PGR3: £319.99

From Gameplay:
GRAW + faceplate: £39.99
Extra wireless controller: £29.99
Play and charge kit: £12.99
Quick charge kit: £17.99
Less 5% discount because I buy so much stuff from there: £95.91

Grand total: £415.90

Have I missed anything? I have an optical cable all ready, so I'm okay there. And anywhere cheaper? Seems to be the best bundle I can get.

Associate
Looks like a bargain mate. Those GAME deals aren't bad at all. After getting myself a 360 last week and seeing my lady friend get addicted we went to buy her the £319.99 deal.

If you ask nicely they will swap the games out for 'better' ones (I personally think PGR3 sucks and the new Hitman is dissapointing) so she got Fight Night 3 and Dead or Alive 4... I am now pretty scared for my life as she gets more absorbed by them, training to become a man-beater.

Associate
Do you really need the play & charge kit and the quick charge kit? I just plug the play and charge kit into my pc and charge it when I'm not using my 360, the battery pack lasts long enough.

Soldato
OP
You could be right GhostFace. I wanted the quick charge for when the 360 is off, but if you can charge it by PC (which is on whenever I am, er, on) then I wouldn't really need it. On that route can you connect the wireless controller to the PC for game-age, like you can the wired controller.

Games-wise I chose Hitman as I played the PC demo and want it, except the PC control scheme is horrible. PGR because it seems good for pick up and play after work qualities, and GRAW as all of you seem to have a community going playing that game :D

Others I'd want are TR Legend and Oblivion, though I already have both on the PC so I'm not buying them again :D. I will get Table Tennis, but only once I've played a fair bit of the other three games :)

Associate
Not many on these forums seem to play it, but if you want great online play go for battlefield 2, modern comabt. The single palyer isn't the greatest, but online it can't be beaten!

If the tv has the connection could be worth thinking about the vga connection. a lot of people seem to think it gives a better HD picture than via component. If you do go this route, there seems to be some preference for the official MS version.

Soldato
OP
pany said:
Not many on these forums seem to play it, but if you want great online play go for battlefield 2, modern comabt. The single palyer isn't the greatest, but online it can't be beaten!

If the tv has the connection could be worth thinking about the vga connection. a lot of people seem to think it gives a better HD picture than via component. If you do go this route, there seems to be some preference for the official MS version.

I have BF2 on the PC, and to be honest I am bored of it. The VGA vs Component seems quite heated online, I think I'll stick with component and try and steal a vga cable from someone to see if its any better before laying down the cash for one.

wyrdo said:
You can't connect the wireless controller to a PC to play games, only to charge it from USB.

Ah shame that :(

Associate
SiD the Turtle said:
PGR because it seems good for pick up and play after work qualities

I prefer Ridge Racer 6 for the quick pick up and play qualities, I also own PGR3, nothing against it, I just found it need needed a bit more of my time, some would probably prefer PGR3 for that difference, I found the cone challanges annoying.

Soldato
OP
Went into town to check the off the shelf packages. Gamestation were doing premium plus any three games for 399, which isn't much of a saving, and Game were doing hitman and rumble roses (?) for 319 so I am just about to order the package I mentioned in the OP on Game online.

Back
Top Bottom