How chuffing LOUD do those pill heads need their music?

Soldato
I was stuck in Newquay over the Run To The Sun weekend, still working on my mates club. His club is the back of another club, we've partitioned off the ajoining doorways and filled it out with some soundproofing. It wasn't enough :(

RTTS 2006, my how i enjoyed it :rolleyes:

The club nextdoor had a rave weekend, friday, saturday & sunday. They hired in a 'bit' of extra bass. OK, more than a 'bit', absolutely fracking pooploads.

Roughly 3 times the size of their existing soundsystem. I put my head around the door in the afternoon while they were unloading. I counted 6 x 2x15, 6 x 2x18, 2 x 1x21 boxes with 4 mid/top cabinets thrown in for good measure. Along with a bigass pile of amps to run it all. Anybody who has dealt with Opus Audio Developements kit will have an idea where this is going.

They warmed it up at about 8pm, then ran it up to full power.

O M F G

It hurt. Seriously. I've worked in clubs for 13 years and have never felt anything like it. It was enough to move things on the worktops in the club i was working in. I was enough to lift the plaster/saw dust around the club and make it nearly impossible to work. I couldn't concentrate to wire a plug let alone fit lights. The other guy who had been living on site had to go home as he couldn't breathe. I've got a couple of snaps on my phone but i need to find my cables to download them.

I thought i'd play them at their own game and ran up the system (2.5kW)where i was, i banged out the regulation Queens Greatest Hits as loud as i could. And couldn't hear it over the system nextdoor :(

Oh well, may as well wait until they finish and then get some kip. Except the rave didn't finish until 4am each night. Joy.

I love RTTS, honest.

Soldato
Freeman said:
sweet, i'd love to hear that kind of bass.

I would think it'd be quite uncomfrtable after a while though.
i agree, i love thumping music and being a total drongo just going insane but if it was painful then i'd call it a day before the rave was over. :p

Soldato
Thats funny really funny :O), I have nerver heard anyting bonkers before, standing next to the bass bin at gods kitchen tour 2 years ago was pretty hardcore but it was a huge arena so the sound has somewhere to go. Digital in newcastle has a Funktion One sound system which im lead to beleive is quite rare, but it doesnt move furniture...lol

Soldato
OP
basmic said:
Did people actually go in the club while it was at full power? :eek:

I had a chance to see inside the club after a few morons managed to beat down the partition wall we used to block one of the entrances between the clubs. I was packed to the rafters, some bird with unwashed dreadlock hair was playing, followed by what looked like a eight year old scratching :confused: , never really understood rave stuff.

The following morning the bottle skips had about 30 empty Becks bottles and rough 2 squilion emtpy water bottles. Must have been hot in there ;)

Permabanned
I just don't get these clubs - wtf is the point, no one likes music so loud that you can't talk to anyone and go half deaf by the time you leave the club.

Soldato
ballistic said:
I just don't get these clubs - wtf is the point, no one likes music so loud that you can't talk to anyone and go half deaf by the time you leave the club.

Well thats it really, there are clubs which are loud, well most are and you struggle to talk to people and then there are the hardcore events which are louder. Nobody really speaks to eachother as you cant anyway, but then people dont go to them to yack to women etc, its all about the dancing

Permabanned
schnipps said:
Nobody really speaks to eachother as you cant anyway, but then people dont go to them to yack to women etc, its all about the dancing

all about the dancing, but for all you know you could be dancing with a transvestite and she's trying to tell you but you can't hear her

Soldato
ballistic said:
all about the dancing, but for all you know you could be dancing with a transvestite and she's trying to tell you but you can't hear her

aye but nobody cares, its just mad kind of bonkers atmosphere, people never go to places like that pull, well most dont anyway.

Soldato
ballistic said:

lol, why has this happened to you recently? ;)

Soldato
SB118 said:
I was stuck in Newquay over the Run To The Sun weekend, still working on my mates club. His club is the back of another club, we've partitioned off the ajoining doorways and filled it out with some soundproofing. It wasn't enough :(

RTTS 2006, my how i enjoyed it :rolleyes:

The club nextdoor had a rave weekend, friday, saturday & sunday. They hired in a 'bit' of extra bass. OK, more than a 'bit', absolutely fracking pooploads.

Roughly 3 times the size of their existing soundsystem. I put my head around the door in the afternoon while they were unloading. I counted 6 x 2x15, 6 x 2x18, 2 x 1x21 boxes with 4 mid/top cabinets thrown in for good measure. Along with a bigass pile of amps to run it all. Anybody who has dealt with Opus Audio Developements kit will have an idea where this is going.

They warmed it up at about 8pm, then ran it up to full power.

O M F G

It hurt. Seriously. I've worked in clubs for 13 years and have never felt anything like it. It was enough to move things on the worktops in the club i was working in. I was enough to lift the plaster/saw dust around the club and make it nearly impossible to work. I couldn't concentrate to wire a plug let alone fit lights. The other guy who had been living on site had to go home as he couldn't breathe. I've got a couple of snaps on my phone but i need to find my cables to download them.

I thought i'd play them at their own game and ran up the system (2.5kW)where i was, i banged out the regulation Queens Greatest Hits as loud as i could. And couldn't hear it over the system nextdoor :(

Oh well, may as well wait until they finish and then get some kip. Except the rave didn't finish until 4am each night. Joy.

I love RTTS, honest.

You'll be pleased to know then mate that RTTS 2007 is movng to Bournemouth next year :D

Oh and as for the scruffy DJ girl person, she's played down twlight a few times, went there once when she was on,, I can do a better job with my PC when it comes to mixing than she can with decks lol Still whatever turns her on I guess.

Back
Top Bottom