New springs and exhaust fitted (Puma)

Man of Honour
Got new lowering springs and 4" Piper backbox on my Puma :) Really pleased with the results; it both looks better and drives really well. The backbox ticks over nicely on idle and roars when you boot it (induction kit helps too).
Pumabuild also put on the latest Ford spec ECU software, which is meant to tweak fuel consumption/power etc a little too.

main.php

main.php

- More pics here.

Soldato
God damn, that looks awesome!

Black is definitely the best colour for that car. Fantastic stuff!

What's the difference like in handling? Has it had a negative effect on handling at all?

Man of Honour
Does look good in black. Dunno if I think the exhaust is cool or OTT... but it does sit nicely on the wheels now (which I think look great) - hope you haven't compromised the Puma's fantastic chassis ;)

Soldato
Stunning. Love those wheels :)

I think that picture makes the exhaust look a bit out of place (due to the angle) - bet it looks good in the flesh though.

Soldato
that looks awesome, i always think the puma looks a bit high as standard, as agw says black is definitely the best colour, but with the bluey/purple a close second. think the exhaust looks fine, doesnt look too ott or too understated, just right imo.

Soldato
Needs to be lowered a weee bit more and it needs one of those handles on the back (aka a spoiler).

The exhaust doesn't look out of place in my eyes, I think it looks quite purdy. :)

Associate
Looks really really tidy, congrats.

Anymore mods planned?
Tints should work quite well, especially on the rear-end Integra DC5 stylee'.

I used to run a Fiesta Zetec-S, while those seats plant you fairly nicely they do sort of let the interior down :( Such a default Ford parts bin item!

Soldato
I like that a lot, looks great in black anyway but with those wheels it looks damn nice.

The backbox fits well too imo, its just right, not OTT but big enough to look good.

Whats performance like now?

Man of Honour
OP
Thank you for the replies. I didn't expect such a response :)

I just about get away with the 4".. if it was my Fiesta then I'd gone for 3", but with the generally large rear of the Puma, I think it looks good.

The ride was quite harsh after fitting the alloys a year ago, but the new springs have stiffened it up a bit now which is great. Check out the older photos on gallery to see how different the rear now sits :cool:

Not sure about future mods at the moment, the only other things I may do would be larger front discs (and maybe get discs on the rear to match) or chip the ECU with bluefin (~10-15bhp). I'm not interested in changing the appearance anymore, i.e skirts/spoiler etc.

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
did you get this done at pumabuild?

I asked for a quote for a few things as to go with my broken cat ive now also got a slipping clutch... there is a possibility of some rather nice replacement bits tho :p

Man of Honour
OP
Conanius said:
did you get this done at pumabuild?

I asked for a quote for a few things as to go with my broken cat ive now also got a slipping clutch... there is a possibility of some rather nice replacement bits tho :p
Yep all done at Pumabuild :) Do you have a Puma too btw?

Scottland - post pics? :)

Back
Top Bottom