• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How else can I cool my graphic card?

Permabanned
Basically I'm looking for additional ways to cool my card, along side the Zalman VF900-CU Quiet Copper VGA Cooler which I installed this week?

I have a free slot above the card, so was thinking of a slot cooler, or exhaust. Not sure which would help the most, though.

Put your ideas across to me.

Idling at at about 48c (GPU) 36c (PCB). Loaded, 60c (GPU).

Man of Honour
You could use an Arctic Silencer which exausts the hot air (But aren't really very good to be honest).

The vf-900cu is THE best gpu cooling solution out today.

Associate
Those temps are fine and as the other poster said you have arguably the best GPU cooler (except water cooling) available.

If temps are really a problem maybe consider sorting the case temps out.

Soldato
As said, those temperatures are fine really, but if you want to cut them down then an 80mm rear exhaust would assist the VF900-CU as it doesn't vent hot air out of the case. Because of this, ambient temperature actually increases in an enclosed system.

Soldato
It'd benefit more from an 80mm exhaust in the upper-rear of the case, since heat rises. I use an 80mm side intake and two 80mm upper-rear exhausts with my VF900-CU and Freezer 64 Pro, and it seems like the best setup for them from what I've experimented with.

Soldato
Cut a 120mm hole inline/under the graphics card and put a 120mm fan in your side panel. Alternatively get a CPU cooler (prescott one maybe) and mount that to the GPU.

Permabanned
I blutak'd an extra fan in the bottom of my case and aimed it 45 degrees up towards the card. I also took off the spare PCI slot covers to allow air to escape out of the back - so the air hit the card, bounced off, and came out of the back of the case. Def. worked.

Except one time, I had my side panel off and a daddy long legs wandered in. It got shredded and it's legs/wings sprayed onto my card. :/

kbc

kbc

Associate
Cobra said:
Except one time, I had my side panel off and a daddy long legs wandered in. It got shredded and it's legs/wings sprayed onto my card. :/

What a way to die... :(

You could try using the more powerful Antec slot coolers which exhausts air out the back but are pretty audible devices.

Soldato
sitting a fan or top of the card helps to cool it too. i just removed the fan from the housing and then glued it onto brace plate of vf700 using a foam interface to aid bonding plus dampen vibration. cools the ram down really well. was getting pink shapes at 600/1200 with mark card in 3dmak05 but now it is fine.

dont put a pci blower under the card as it will starve the fan of air and put temps up by a few degrees unless of course its sucking in cold air from rear but then that would mess up flow thru case.

good airflow thru case is def the key.....my temps are 27/38 due to 3x120mm intakes. not very silent but keeps everything cool

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom