Foreign Currency - coins

Associate
I've got about $60 barbados dollars from when I went there a few years back and about 30euros...trouble is, it's in coins, is there anywhere I can convert them back to good old £'s...seems as though all the places i've searched and found online only convert notes :(

Associate
You'll struggle to find anywhere that accepts coins. Understandably most bureau de changes won't take them.

You could try and find someone heading off to Barbados/the Continent, or keep them for yourself (Euros especially).

Associate
OP
Luckily it seems as though my girlfriends folks are off to spain this summer, so they'll buy the euros from me, as for the Bajan dollars, I don't know anyone headed that way and can't find anywhere that'll buy them, I won't be going back there anytime soon so looks as though i'm stuck with them :(

Don
there are machines that do it ( at ripoff rates ) only seen these in airports though

whole lot is only worth about 30 to 40 quid anyway

Associate
OP
Hate said:
i must say thats impressive shrapnel, considering the biggest coin they have is $1

Yup...have got loads of it, was always spending with notes and the coins soon built up...as rotty mentioned the exchange rate is pretty poor, bajan dollars are always double US dollars and the £ > $ exchange rate is pretty poor right now, but at the mo, every penny counts!

POB

POB

Soldato
You could possibly eBay them I don't know if there are any restrictions on selling cash online.

Looking at eBay it seems people are selling Euros so you might get something for your barbados dollars.

Man of Honour
MuvverRussia said:
You'll struggle to find anywhere that accepts coins. Understandably most bureau de changes won't take them.

Can always ask though, I was in Schipol airport a few months ago with about €30 in coins(all counted out for them though) and asked if they would change it for me which they did without a problem. It helped that they weren't busy and the woman did say that they normally wouldn't do it but sometimes you have to be a bit cheeky and ask :)

Back
Top Bottom