What ISP to go for.

Associate
Ok my AOL contract is finishing very soon :D so ive decided i want to go to another ISP as ive heard all the news and stuff about them. Ive had a look at sam knows and i can get:

BT Wholesale ADSL
BT Wholesale ADSL Max
BT Wholesale SDSL
Bulldog LLU
Homechoice LLU
Telewest Cable

Whats the best out of them, i have a pretty heavy internet user and game quite often so i would need a fast speed.

Thanks a lot in advanced.

Tom

Permabanned
Telewest hands down, i had it but moved house so had to go with AOL :mad: but the connection was solid and we never had a problem in the 2 years we had the service

Caporegime
BTw ADSL (including Max) has a choice of dozens of ISPs, with varying degrees of usefulness.
ADSLguide is your friend. Same applies to Bulldog/Homechoice, except you're stuck with them as ISP (and for Bulldog at least, your voice service too).

Cable's a totally different ball game, for one you don't have the same distance dependence. Stuck with one ISP though.

Soldato
Another vote for telewest - shame I cant get them where i am :( considering moving house (only renting) to get in a telewest area again :)

Considering the deals they do with good cable tv packages they well worth a look.

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

leonarmston said:
Telewest for me 10gb uncapped, excellent service, never had any down time in a year

10gb ? i wish i had that sort of speeds :eek:! you mean 10mb ? lol

Associate
OP
oke i may have to look into telewest, seeing as my road was one of the first roads in london to be layed with the cables for them ;) for adsl max it says i live like 1.7 km away from the exchange so what speeds should i apect for say a 8mb service?

Caporegime
Somewhere between nothing and 8Mbps. Distance is worthless, the straight line distance Samknows quotes even more so.

Back
Top Bottom