• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

cpu upgrade

Associate
S-H-A-N-E said:
I am thinking of upgrade my FX57 to AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5000+ Socket AM2 , is this a good move ?

In my opinion, no because it's too pricey. You will need to buy a new mobo, RAM and CPU just for a minor performance gain...not wise.

Also, the X2 5000 doesn't even have 1MB L2 Cache, forget that CPU. It has a £500 price tag for a speed bump which you can do yourself.

Our recommendation here would be to only opt for the 5000+ if you aren't a gamer, as it seems that 3D games are far more likely to appreciate a larger L2 cache than a higher clock speed with these chips
Source

Associate
OP
So at the mo i have overclocked my FX57 now running at 3GHz , is it work keeping and just upgrading to 7900 GTX ? or Leadtek GeForce 7950 GX2

Soldato
S-H-A-N-E said:
no not realy , saying that i don`t think the Nvidia 7950 will fit my motherboard

erm, if i were you, i would get 2 7900gtx, the quad sli cards are crap at the moment, and are beaten by x1900xt crossfire and 7900gtx sli and the drivers suck reeeeeal bad.

Tbh, fx60 + 2*7900gtx. :)

Associate
OP
God i hate PC :mad: you have a high spec machine for around 3-4 months and it all changes , all these new cards and CPU is it worth it , the games don`t change that much , i am better of getting a PS3 , after about 3-4 months you pc is out of date , unless to have money growing in your back garden you can never keep up :mad: :mad: :mad:

Associate
OP
S-H-A-N-E said:
God i hate PC :mad: you have a high spec machine for around 3-4 months and it all changes , all these new cards and CPU is it worth it , the games don`t change that much , i am better of getting a PS3 , after about 3-4 months you pc is out of date , unless to have money growing in your back garden you can never keep up :mad: :mad: :mad:

Plus pc gaming is not that great anyway

Soldato
Why so down? Your PC is great. 3Ghz single core AMD64 is pretty formidable in games. 7800GTX isn't bad either.

What monitor are you running? If you're still stuck to 1280x1024, get a better monitor and enjoy some 1600 x 1200 (or whatever) goodness :D

Back
Top Bottom