• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OH NO! How bad is this?

Soldato
snapped.jpg

The bit of plastic on the motherboards CPU mounting for the cooler has snapped off (see right hand red circle), so the entire Zalman7000Cu is hanging off at the top corner :(

What can I do :( I have the bit of plastic that broke off...

Can that entire big lump of plastic be replaced where the heat sink goes on?

ps: I wondered why my system said it was 92 degrees :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
try and find a new heatsink erm "seating" i cant think of the proper name, but the entire plastic fitting. you could remove it all and try super gluing the plastic bit back on but i doubt it will hold the strain when the hs is back in place....worht a shot thou

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Minstadave said:
You're going to need a replacement bracket I would have thought. You might be able to cable tie it back down.

like Minstadave said, get a replacement bracket. Don't trust 3rd party kit lol. Won't cost you much maybe someone is selling one on ebay or something.

Associate
If you cant get a replacement bracket i would be tempted to buy a whole new Zalman. They only cost about £30. The cost of other components getting fried is way way more than that!

Albaba :)

Soldato
OP
For the moment I've put THREE cable ties (metal with a plastic coating) around the bracket to hold it in place. TBH, just one is probably stronger than the original plastic! But there's three there to be safe!!

Soldato
OP
Albaba said:
If you cant get a replacement bracket i would be tempted to buy a whole new Zalman. They only cost about £30. The cost of other components getting fried is way way more than that!

Albaba :)

That bracket is nothing to do with the Zalman, it's the standard motherboard mounting.

Soldato
OP
Stelly said:
how the heck did it snap off in the first place??

Stelly

With a little "ping" sounds...

I was playnig HL and twice my machine crashed. Then later I heard a piiiiing and something drop in my case....

Back
Top Bottom