DFI NF4 SLI-D + Opteron

Soldato
Looking at getting one of these boards for use with a dual-core Opteron but the specs and manual on the DFI site don't mention Opteron support anywhere.

Obviously people are using this board with the Opteron but does the board support it natively or do you have to mod it in some way to allow the Opteron to work?

Additionally, is registered memory required when running an Opteron? Everything I've read seems to suggest that the Opteron's memory controller requires registered ECC memory yet people seem to be running them with standard unregistered, unbuffered stuff.

Sorry for the n00b questions but I'm a bit new to all this AMD 64/FX/Opty lark :)

Caporegime
Just to clarify:

All Socket 939 Opterons will run on the DFI, they are identical to normal A64 parts, just tested for server use.

All Socket 939 Opterons use normal DDR memory, unlike their socket 940 Opteron counterparts.

Caporegime
stock timings.

I tried 1:1 at 280 with the g skill but although ok in games i would get errors in memtest.

So I run them at 260 on a divider.

I have yet to play at slower speeds and tighter timings though something I will do soon.

Back
Top Bottom