Has OcUK got shares in Akasa?

Associate
Why is it that when it comes to PC accessories OcUK virtually only sells Akasa stuff and even with those there is not much to choose from? How hard is is to stock different brands and wider range of such small and inexpensive stuff like accessories? I wanted to buy a UV floppy cable and OcUK only has 45cm Akasa ones :( Surely 45cm is not the most commonly used length.
I've build my PC from parts I bought from OcUK but now that I need smaller parts for finishing touches I find myself using other competitors because OcUK do not stock what I specificaly want.

Don't get me wrong, OcUK is a good shop but it can be greatly improved for example by following the above suggestion.

Associate
Because it doesn't make commercial sense to stock a high range of low value products, especially when your sales volume per item is likely to be low. Shop elsewhere if you don't like it.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Day03 said:
I did a while back but had no response so don't know if it has been ignored or not.
i agree - that forum sucks - i posted in it asking about when a certain item was going to come back in stock, and no reply

Soldato
The product suggestion forum is just read, you post what you would like and then they read it, nobody else can see your post bar you.

If you want to check if it has been read keep and eye on the views. Anything I have suggested in there has eventually popped up in the store, it is not an instant action from you posting to it being in stock.

Just give it time, they are getting better as they now stock a wider range of HTPC cases after posting in CC, great move and made a lot of people happy.

Commissario
nikebee said:
surely you would have got more (and a faster) response from phoning/emailing the shop though :p

Yup, besides anything else if memory serves the only people who can see anyone elses posts in that forum section are mods/admins, everyone else can only see their own posts (I beleive) ;)
I know users who are not logged in can't even see the suggestions section.

It's for exactly what is says on the tin, product suggestions, I beleive they are read on a fairly regular basis by the store staff and I guess if something makes sense to them they'll try and act on it :)

Caporegime
A2Z said:
i agree - that forum sucks - i posted in it asking about when a certain item was going to come back in stock, and no reply

I also reccomended something and it was ignored.

nikebee said:
surely you would have got more (and a faster) response from phoning/emailing the shop though :p

Lol, have you ever tried phoning the shop. :p

Back
Top Bottom