• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

More on Conroe

Associate
Theres another preview on Intels Conroe chip over at the Reg if any ones interested.

It's on the home page, near top left.

Again they state the tests were under a "controlled environment", but these chips do seem nice. (as everyone keeps saying)

PS. Not sure if I'm allowed to link to the Register site, so i'll leave it out for now..

Associate
What I'm waiting to see is a proper review where Intel hasn't setup the rigs, just to drive the nail home. Nevertheless, Conroe still looks lethal.

Soldato
Add to this a couple of ATI Radeon X1900XTs in a CrossFire setup and you're looking a decent machine. The graphics drivers where the Detonator 6.3 beta release, as supposedly these are the only drivers that currently work with the Core 2 Duo.

Detonator drivers for x1900? LOL.....

Soldato
Other than that typo, I also noticed the majority of FX62 scores were missing.

The scores that I did see didnt show a *huge* difference (yes, the FX is more pricey, but plenty of people clock their cheaper opterons to 2.8-3ghz).

Soldato
That review was obviously written a few weeks ago, just waiting for the nda to be lifted. The reviewer didn't know the launch date, and didn't seem to be aware of what other versions of conroe would be available (other than E6700).
From reading that review alone, you'd think the $530 E6700 was the cheapest "4mb L2 cache" conroe available.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Sylver123 said:
First Official Benchmarks: Conroe vs. FX-62 - Toms Hardware Guide:

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/06/05/first_benchmarks_conroe_vs_fx-62_uk/

no matey they aint the first official benchmarks.

we must emphasize that our testing situation was not optimal, because the Intel system had been preconfigured and didn't represent the final version.

it's the same pre release/pre configured system that everybody else has reviewed.

i'm guessing it's gonna be another month yet before we can finally see some official benchmarks ( retail chips that is ).

Back
Top Bottom