Ronaldinho pleads for protection

Soldato
I hope the referees will be doubly alert to their diving.;)

Brazil star Ronaldinho has asked referees to protect him and his team-mates at the World Cup.
The Barcelona superstar, 26, believes Brazil's opponents will attempt to stop them from playing their attractive style of football in Germany.

"All the teams are waiting for us and will be doubly alert in paying attention to our attack," said the World Player of the Year.

"It's vital the refereeing is rigorous because of our style of playing."

Ronaldinho added: "Every team we play regardless of their normal style of play defend against us.

"We are mindful that it is difficult to score goals in that case.

"The others play tight at the back and will wait to hit us on the counter-attack."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/brazil/5055020.stm

Soldato
"The others play tight at the back and will wait to hit us on the counter-attack."

"I also want my mummy", Ronaldinho added as he wiped away his tears.

Soldato
So the arrogant **** is saying the whole world will sit back in awe of their skill and defend whilst they fall over a lot. They play great football and he is amazing, but sitting back against Brazil is suicide you need to utilize their open play and bang them in!

Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
So the arrogant **** is saying the whole world will sit back in awe of their skill and defend whilst they fall over a lot. They play great football and he is amazing, but sitting back against Brazil is suicide you need to utilize their open play and bang them in!
exactely, if we do play brazil this summer we need to attack, sitting back just allows them to get a hold on the match, they are going to score, so in true kev keegan style management, you may as well try and score more

i think last time we approached them with way to much caution

Associate
Put the refs under pressure straight away though :( Ronald should have had his bum kicked for that comment by FIFA.

Whats the betting that the majority of 50 - 50's go Brazil's way

Back
Top Bottom