Anyone got an RBX to hand ?

Soldato
Heuy guys, just wondering if anyone hasd an RBX really handy, i need to know as precise as possible the measurments for its base

i need the following 4 measurments:
rbx2wh.jpg

Thanks

If someone could scant a picture of the base in aswell that would be fan dabby dosey !

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Stelly said:
hmmm.... just wondering what your planning ;)

Stelly

im getting totaly mixxed results froma skign wherther this block will fit on my board lol... so im gonna make a plastic one and see for my self !, ive photoshopped it already and its TIGHT, but i just wanna see for my sefl really lol

Soldato
OP
Townlea said:
Get the TDX :)

the RBX is the better performing block by 1 Cw, only lowers the head by 2.2 inches more than the TDX, it looks a hell of a lot bettter, and ive had my heart set on it suince the begining...

AND

ddtdxcu35cf.jpg

it appears the TDX follows a similar kind of shape / scale as the RBX :(, if not bigger !
***EDIT*** thats rubbish lol, i think that one will fit, but i really really want the RBX ...really ***
may still eb an option though, id much rather know the sizes though to be honest, just for piece of mind

heres my photoshop idea of the blocks fitment, as you can see the issue is with the capacitors around the socket, that was going off soem measurments i got a while ago, its very rough, but its too close to call:
revpd900asus975xlg22222copy5gu.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I've just found a comparison between the TDX, RBX, and LR cascade.

Results for the TDX with nozzle 1, 4, and 5 are graphed below. The Little River Cascade and Danger Den RBX are shown for comparative purposes.

The results show that using a tdx with a no. 4 or 5 nozzle are identical or sometimes better than the RBX.

Associate
It's the base he needs to cut there dude, the end that are curved. Looks tricky but i think DD move the blco kdown by 1.5'' or so to clear them caps but still be central to the core of the CPU

Soldato
OP
Mikey1280 said:
I've just found a comparison between the TDX, RBX, and LR cascade.

GRAPH
The results show that using a tdx with a no. 4 or 5 nozzle are identical or sometimes better than the RBX.

good find !!

im going to experiment with the different nozzles too.
i wonder how the #5 nozzle compares from being int he TDX to the RBX.
someone has offered me an RBX, which means i just need to buy the 775 top for it, so im going to have a go at modding the RBX before i fork out for a new TDX i think. !
i believe it will work

EDIT:
heres the low down on the nozzles:
#2: 10% Bigger
#3: 20% Bigger
#4: 10% Smaller
#5: Multiple Smaller Nozzles
#6: Blank - make your own.

Soldato
OP
Mikey1280 said:
Hmm cutting the base, doesnt sound fun

ive had a long, hard think about it...
the problem is, the caps are say 1-2mm too high, so i can either cut a small recess, or 'step' on the underside of the base to clear them, where the copper is thick enough, os cut a bit more of a chunk out to put in NEXT to the caps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/fhanderson/RBX.jpg
theres a pic to see how much i habve to work with here... it looks liek i have a good 6-7 mm of solid copper around the block around the seal to play with.

Back
Top Bottom