New Car and New Headunit

Soldato
Well you may remember a thread regarding a runaround and also a thread relating to the Pioneer DEH-P4800MP headunit.

Well, I bought a new car and have just got around to getting some nice pictures taken and just uploaded them tonight.

Firstly the car...

Well I thought about it long and hard, weighed up all the ideas of Fiesta, Clio, 106 but for around a £1000 - £1500 you don't get much in the way of *decent* cars, there mostly battered junk not worth bothering with it and you'll spend more time repairing them.

Anyway, I decide I liked the Peugeot 306, yes I've had one before and it caused me nothing but bother but when it did work, it worked well.

Now I didn't want the old shape, I wanted the Phase II which is a more modern shape, so the search began. I looked at a (R plate) 306 D Turbo, in Metallic Gold but that had blue neon washer jets, the remote didn't work, the brakes didn't brake, one tyre was nearly bald, it had Phase III alloys, the glovebox was held in with bluetack, the radio didn't turn on either. Priced for the sum of £1795! :p

The search carried on, when I spotted a 1998 (R plate) Peugeot 306 LX in Diablo Red. It was only the straightline diesel but thought its worth a look and afterall it doesn't need to be particularly quick, its just for getting me from A to B and will be good economy. So went and had a look...remote - worked, sunroof - worked, electric, heated mirrors - worked, basically everything worked. 4 next to new tyres, fair enough not alloys but the trims are quite nice. 91,000 miles on the clock, cambelt changed and full service history, cracking car. Lovely interior aswell, no tears or rips just nice clean seats. HPI clear and 10 months MOT. Took it for a test drive, drove lovely, no knocks or bangs and suprisingly was quite nippy for lacking the turbo! :)

Was priced @ £1500, managed to haggle and got it for £1250, there was nothing to haggle over, the car worked.

Needless to say, here it is....

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

BeatMaster :D

Soldato
OP
Yet more pictures:

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Now onto the headunit...absolutely brilliant! Lovely to use, very customisable and excellent sound quality, what more could you want?

Looks really nice and my iPod works a treat through it, here's some pictures:

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Firestar_3x said:
Oh no its that word again!

Is that your ipod location while driving? With it bashing around i give it 2 months before its dead....

Looks ok in red, shame its not 3 door but get some alloys for it!

Doesn't move an inch :p The rubber case keeps it nice and still, probably will invest in an iPod holder but going on holiday on Friday so that can be done later :p

Not going to spend money on alloys, a waste really when it's just going to be used for economy but nice thought tho :)

Wonder where you can buy these wheel trims from, anyone know?

Soldato
OP
Morba said:
suprisingly nippy?

what sort of stats does it have?

Now we have to remember, I've owned a D Turbo and I know how quick one of them is. Stats wise, its got 70bhp with 121nm of torque.

Fuel wise it's got book figures of:

Urban 35 MPG
Inter-urban 55 MPG
Mixed 45MPG

Man of Honour
I'd have held out for a 1.9TD - 1.9D's are so pointless, very slow but no more economical or really that much cheaper to buy than the TD's.

But if you enjoy it, thats all that matters :)

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
I'd have held out for a 1.9TD - 1.9D's are so pointless, very slow but no more economical or really that much cheaper to buy than the TD's.

But if you enjoy it, thats all that matters :)

Well this is it, I figured its in good condition and has a nice few extras, it's only going to be doing about a 60 mile journey 4 times a week for 24 weeks, with the odd other little journey in between. It'll do for now, keep my money and save up for something when I hopefully get a placement in my 3 year come next summer :)

EDIT:

Just checked the Citroen Xsara stats which as Fox will confirm, are the correct Peugeot 306 stats or at least more accurate.

The 1.9 D is as follows:

0-60: 14.2 secs

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
You are 'only' doing a 60 mile journey 4 times a week? Thats pretty big mileage really, but your choice :)

Still, not in terms of spaceship mileage plus the journey is mostly sat crusing along the A1 on single and dual carriage :)

Insurance wasn't too bad either, went with Endsleigh who put me through Zurich.

Age - 19
Group - 4
Area - (Whats the website, will update this when someone posts)

£813 TPFT :)

Back
Top Bottom