• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Accelero 2, X1900xt and fan control

Associate
Hi,

I have just bought the X1900xt and its loud according to me and I was used to. I am thinking of getting the Accelero 2 to lower the noise. Does the Accelero have the auto fan control as well?

thank you

Associate
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I am thinking of an x1900 xt-x as overall they seem the best single gpu single slot gpu. But I have heard they run really hot and loud!

So does this cool them better and quieter?

I have an artic cooler on my current x800xt pe and is at x850xt pe speeds but runs quieter and cooler than before.

What are the before and after temps ppl have achieved?

Soldato
I have orderd one of these coolers now, i was reading some good reviews on the net saying you can have them on 100% with very little noise and they cool well.

The downside was the hot air is pushed into the case not thrown out the back like previous artics but am sure theres something that can be done about that.

Associate
I have a 1900 XTX + Accelero, the card is now unbelieveably quiet and even cooler than before. Hard to understand why ATI couldn't bring along something like that.

Soldato
Glad to hear that, yeah i don't understand why ati dont put a decent cooler on there cards, i would happily pay £30 more to have a quiet/good cooler like the 7900gtx's for example.

Associate
I have a 1900 XTX + Accelero, the card is now unbelieveably quiet and even cooler than before

How much has your temps dropped? How much cooling in your case and has your case temps gone up much? Thinking about getting one myself but not sure yet :confused:

Associate
toxic said:
How much has your temps dropped? How much cooling in your case and has your case temps gone up much? Thinking about getting one myself but not sure yet :confused:

The card was 95° before and is now something like 80° under load..
I have one 92 mm exhaust fan and do a bit overclocking, so far no probs ..
case temps .. can't really say, because I had SLI before, and the case temps actually dropped! But even if case temps go up by 1 or 2 degrees, which I don't mind, more important is a cooler graphics card .. isn't it?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This months custom PC has a review on this card and they rate both the X1 and the X2 coolers for both NVIDIA and ATI cards respectively. Worth a read.

It's interesting that they don't recommend the card for 7900GTX, as this offers no benefit over the stock cooler. Makes you wonder why they didn't come up with better reference cooler in the first place.

I'm considering this for 7800GTX..

THe only thing it does mention is that there appears to be an issue with the screws on the X1 and the fitting of the washers.. Would be interested in hearing your views if you have fitted one.

Soldato
Fitted mine easy as pie, my idle temp was 50ish now its down too 42c, load so far i seen on oblivion 56c, now am not sure what it hit before with stock cooler but i imagine way higher than that well pleased with those temps.

I have it turned too 100% via ati tools and tbh i can barely hear it.

Back
Top Bottom