• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

B-Grade Graphics cards

Associate
Anyone know what to expect?

ordered a x1900XT today for 205 incVAT :D

im gonna assume bare card, and anything else is a bonus i suppose.

What have your experiances been? (nvida->ATI, Basic->Highend)

Soldato
Rick_Barnes said:
Anyone know what to expect?

ordered a x1900XT today for 205 incVAT :D

im gonna assume bare card, and anything else is a bonus i suppose.

What have your experiances been? (nvida->ATI, Basic->Highend)

hehe so it was you who took it had my eye on it went to check bank balance and was gone doh!
Congrats on a bargain :p

Associate
I see from your sig your going from an x850xt so the difference will be huge. I went from an x850xt up to my x1800xt and even then the difference was massive, so you'll not be dissapointed :D

Soldato
King_Boru said:
i got a b-grade mobo a while back, just arrived in a brown box nothing else with it.

Same here but it was obviously brand new and i was happy, the good thing about calling into ocuk is you can check b grade stuff over before yopu hand over your cash

Associate
9800 pro

I was tempted to purchase the 9800 pro B-Grade graphics card but was a bit weiry about doing this as it would not have a manufacturers warranty, when your spending a lot on a graphics card i feel this is something that the card must have, otherwise if you are unlucky then it could be a big waste of money

Associate
It does have the manufactures warranty unless you are very unlucky and the item is 11 months old and then you only get the remaining 1 month.
Ocuk just say they themselves wont guarantee it past a week or so then its pot luck on how second hand it was

Associate
OP
Gutted tbh

its only happened to me about 4 times, but....

Rang them, they confirmed it was in stock.
Placed order using friends card, (my money was tied up waiting for a refund from a previous cancelled order)
security check meant my order was delayed
someone else got my x1900xt

all this happened on tuesday, on friday (today) i rang them and asked after my order, i hadnt even recieved a cancellation order, and so had to prompt them for a refund, which will be 3-5 working days.

so im currently £350 quid down, with nothing to show for it! :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Feel for you! :(

Sorry to hear that mate! Annoying when you're not contacted about a cancellation! Has happened to me twice and i've never received a cancellation email! :rolleyes:

gt_junkie

Associate
I've had the same experience as Rick, not once but twice! I wish I was contacted the next day and told exactly why the order was cancelled, but I had to wait 2 days then rang up to find out only to be dissappointed.

Anyway, I've since bought B-Grade items and been happy. :p

Soldato
i payed 350 for a x850xtpe when it came out, tahts how rare they were. didnt come in a box either

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well anyways, got confirmation email about my x1900XT X-Fire today, should be here monday, w00t!

In terrible news, my mate who paid for the card is flying to the world cup tommorrow, (im jealous) but im also not gonna see that 200 quid for a fair while yet :rolleyes:.

E-Bay man has yet to reply about my ram :/

Back
Top Bottom